Internet dongles

hiya guys, does anyone have/use a bt dongle.
they want a one off fee of £39.99 but i dont know if you get charged every month after that.
any help would be great. thanks.

you get 1gb free then its
10p 1 MB
£10 1 GB
£15 3 GB

i do not work or endorse any three products but i have three mobile and dongle and for me its the best out there.
their signal was boosted 10 months ago acros uk and they have never let me down…although i have to admit once upon a time they were poor but not any more.

my dongle gives me 5 gb for 11.50 per month
my mobile gives me 500 mins unlimited internet 15 per month
thats 26.50 for all the communication i need

a friend showed me her dongle which was o2 and her speed was slow as soon as i hit a key on my three dongle the page usually appears a second or two later.hope it helps

I’m getting myself a laptop soon and plan on using a dongle, if i use it to watch tv, 4 on demand etc. how much useage will i get for say 5gb? computers and fings leave me a wee touch baffled :question:

crickrichard:
I’m getting myself a laptop soon and plan on using a dongle, if i use it to watch tv, 4 on demand etc. how much useage will i get for say 5gb? computers and fings leave me a wee touch baffled :question:

iplayer uses about 228mb/hour so about 22 hours
tvcatchup uses about 154mb/hour so about 32 hours

I use my iphone on 3 which has 1gb free every month but I go way over that and they dont charge me, it has an app on it which allows you to use the phone as a mobile wifi hotspot.

a friend showed me her dongle

perhaps we would all like to see that :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

bubsy06:

crickrichard:

iplayer uses about 228mb/hour so about 22 hours
tvcatchup uses about 154mb/hour so about 32 hours

I use my iphone on 3 which has 1gb free every month but I go way over that and they dont charge me, it has an app on it which allows you to use the phone as a mobile wifi hotspot.

nice, thanks.

at the moment i use 02 dongle but will be changing soon to 3 , they have better offers , also dongle speeds differ vodaphone do a faster one i think its 15 pm for 5gig running at 7.5mps , 3 do a 15gig for 15 pm but at 3.5mps if you google best mobile internet deals there should be plenty to review

thanks for the info guys. looks like a visit to the three shop in the morning.

Don’t be taken in by vodafone - although they say 7.2 they also say speeds UPTO - so you have to be in a high signal area - been there and seen it ,done and have the t shirt -
i now have a three dongle - on PAYG - started with 12 gig over 12 months had it 2 months and used 1 gig
brill signal everywhere whilst i used to lose the vodafone signal everywhere even on the M25 lol
i would recommend 3 everytime
cheers
Steve