BT Mobile.

Because I have BT internet at home BT Mobile are offering some very tasty deals for mobiles which really are worth a look , I know BT own EE and can only presume they will use the same network , I would be grateful if others out there have made use of BT Mobile , what like was the service and coverage etc , many thanks in advance .

I was up until last week paying 3mobile for 3 mobile wifi dongles, my contract phone and my wifes pay as you go mobile phone and total cost of all this was about £90 to £100 per month. 1 mobile dongle for home and two for me working away so I didn’t run out of data but decide to see if I could reduce the cost so into the shop I goes. Came out with a new home wifi router at 40gb for just £2 per month more than I was paying for 20gb before. The wife got a new Iphone 7 for £46 per month with unlimited everything and my phone cost was reduced by 50% down to £9 per month and two of the wifi dongles I was advised to cancel as the usage was minimum and the remaining one would cover it. All in all bit of a good day …

Got bt mobile 20gb month never use more than bout half that,use the WiFi work all over London to Glasgow,never had problem,stream a lot of Eurosport player,swapped from Tesco cos data wasn’t enough,been on BT a year seems good to me

Not sure about bt mate but these networks that piggy back off other major networks don’t get the same signal quality believe it or not… I was with giffgaff before and they piggy back 02 and I didn’t have good Internet signal in some places then I switched to 02 and had good signal in the same place…

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I’ve been on the 20gb SIM only deal for over a year, no issues

Go through quidco, just got the Mrs an iPhone 6 with them, got a £125 Amazon voucher and £55 cash back through quidco

raymundo:
I was up until last week paying 3mobile for 3 mobile wifi dongles, my contract phone and my wifes pay as you go mobile phone and total cost of all this was about £90 to £100 per month. 1 mobile dongle for home and two for me working away so I didn’t run out of data but decide to see if I could reduce the cost so into the shop I goes. Came out with a new home wifi router at 40gb for just £2 per month more than I was paying for 20gb before. The wife got a new Iphone 7 for £46 per month with unlimited everything and my phone cost was reduced by 50% down to £9 per month and two of the wifi dongles I was advised to cancel as the usage was minimum and the remaining one would cover it. All in all bit of a good day …

Would have done better just getting unlimited data on your phones and using tethering for internet access. Three allows 30GB per month tethering on unlimited data contracts. Could have got unlimited data on two phones with a total of 60GB of tethering for £44 in total on SIM only contracts. Instead they’ve successfully managed to screw you for a mobile phone contract, whatever you’re paying for a home wifi router that you didn’t need and an additional £24 a month more than you needed to pay for your wife’s phone/internet.

3 only allows tethering on the old sim cards, new ones you cannot, and the reason her phone costs what it does is because she wanted one with big storage capabilities and as the deal saves me some money over what I had been spending it don’t really bother me …

edit … her old Iphone was knackered so would have had to pay £800 for the one she got for next to nowt on a 2 year contract so I cant see how I got screwed, please elaborate :unamused:

AND I was asked if I wanted a free upgrade phone as well but was getting very tight before Parking Eye would send me a big bill for overstaying the parking time allowed at Aldi so I said No thanks, maybe another day as quite satisfied with Galaxy 5 !!

raymundo:
3 only allows tethering on the old sim cards, new ones you cannot

I’ve just got a new 3 contract and mine allows tethering ?

Only thing is it’s coverage of 4g is ■■■■■ compared to O2 I left[emoji35]

When it does pick up 4G speed isn’t spectacular either !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcgpx:

raymundo:
3 only allows tethering on the old sim cards, new ones you cannot

I’ve just got a new 3 contract and mine allows tethering ?

Only thing is it’s coverage of 4g is [zb] compared to O2 I left[emoji35]

When it does pick up 4G speed isn’t spectacular either !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had that at the start with my sim only deal .you need your update texts to get your phone sorted out on there network id say .mines sound now .

Mines fine on three 12 month sim only unlimited data and 32gb hot spot