International hauliers in the Southampton Area

International hauliers
Are there any in the Southampton area?? (other than Davies international)

Surrounding areas also would be considered but basically ,
I live on the Isle-of-Wight and after getting a taste of continental work last year and earlier this year I’d like to do it full time.I’m currently at DHL in Southampton while this isn’t a bad job I really want to do continental and I don’t think I’ll settle till I get a go at it.

So if anyone can give me a idea of who’s door to knock I’d really appreciate it.
I won’t run bent :smiling_imp: so not interested in those guy’s but I’ll work as many legal hours as needed.

All suggestions gratefully received.

flub007:
International hauliers
Are there any in the Southampton area?? (other than Davies international)

Surrounding areas also would be considered but basically ,
I live on the Isle-of-Wight and after getting a taste of continental work last year and earlier this year I’d like to do it full time.I’m currently at DHL in Southampton while this isn’t a bad job I really want to do continental and I don’t think I’ll settle till I get a go at it.

So if anyone can give me a idea of who’s door to knock I’d really appreciate it.
I won’t run bent :smiling_imp: so not interested in those guy’s but I’ll work as many legal hours as needed.

All suggestions gratefully received.

HI MATE,why don’t you ask dhl at dumfries speak to a lad called gordon beswick and see if he can put you in touch with someone at your end.i think logistics have a hub at ipswich area.you can get the number from your own depot at southampton.if you can’t give me a shout and i’ll get it for you.

you could try davis international fridge work were in southampton now in fareham on that estate next to junction 9 m27 :laughing:

Close to the box terminal dock gate theres a hauliers yard (Norman Offer or a similar name) who do international as well as boxs.

There’s a firm just a bit further up the road in Bordon that do international work
in sprinter vans that have sleeper compartments behind the drivers seats

cant remember the name tho, I’m sure there was a qwrite up about them in CM or T&D.

I would think you have more chance doing turnrounds out of Portsmouth, as the Southampton ferries are expensive and infrequent.

Carl:
you could try davis international fridge work were in southampton now in fareham on that estate next to junction 9 m27 :laughing:

I phoned them a good while back now… simply to ask if there was any vacancies. I got what sounded like a snotty nosed brat asking for my address etc so he could send me an application ‘packet’. This didn’t answer my question so I decided not to bother.

Flub, have you rang Pulleyns at Reading?? One of their drivers was telling me last week they have a shortage. They do mainly European.

Manwell:
Close to the box terminal dock gate theres a hauliers yard (Norman Offer or a similar name) who do international as well as boxs.

Think if you ask Neil46, you won’t get a very good response about Offers!

you are quite correct there austin.

and as for pulleyns :unamused:
[/quote]

Whats wrong with Pulleyns neil46■■?

TheBear:
Think if you ask Neil46, you won’t get a very good response about Offers!

Well I must admit their tackle does look a bit ropey, wage’s to eh Neil :question: