Interior stuff for a Stralis, any ideas?

Right, I realise this may not be the wisest thing to say, first post but…
I drive a Stralis, and I LIKE IT! :laughing: Form an orderly queue to poke fun and laugh at me please.

Anyhow, on a more serious note, does anybody have a clue where I might be able to get hold of floor mats for one of these? I can find seat covers, and rain deflectors, so not a problem there, but searching the 'net for mats turns up either nothing, or LHD sets from a Polish or Dutch shop.
I work doing night trunks for a Hampshire company, up to Wolverhampton and back each night, and the day driver generally has it over on the Isle of Wight which means getting to truckstops and the like is a bit tricky. We both try to keep it clean, but with him doing building sites quite frequently (and some prat spilling what looked like gallons of coffee on the floor while I had a week off :smiling_imp: ) we’d both like a decent set of mats to help.
Failing that, time to buy a roll of rubber matting, and cut my own I think, at least I’d be able to whip em out and jetwash to within an inch of their life every Saturday morning :laughing:

I don’t wish to sound facetious, but have you tried an Iveco dealer?

Here you go. Looking for Stralis Floor Mats

Coffeeholic:
Here you go. Looking for Stralis Floor Mats

Very good, lol :laughing:

Harry Monk:
I don’t wish to sound facetious, but have you tried an Iveco dealer?

No worries. I hadan’t actually thought of that one. D’oh :blush:

Making rubber floor mats could be a good lifestyle business cause on the net they are virtually impossible to find. In a dealer they are extortionate.

Tell yeah if you got a good source of rubber floor matting and a good set of patterns for all the makes you could make a wee profit out it.

I would find a company on ebay who make mats and ask them if they would be prepared to make a set if you sent them templates, then make some templates out of thick paper maybe.

Good point, well made there.
Most mat sets you find tend to be woven rubber backed affairs, maybe with a rubber or chequerplate heelpad. If I can’t find a set, I was just thinking of saving up the fuel token money for a bit, and getting enough of a roll to do the inside of my wagon with probably enough left over to do the inside of my 4x4 too.

Think if I was going to make a business out of it, I’d have to find a way of making them with a kind of lip around all the edges except the door section to help contain the cr*p. Anyone who’s had a set of Volvo rubber mats in ther FM/FH will know what I mean.

I’ve got a little tip for you - when you buy your rain deflectors for the side windows, don’t buy the smoked ones. The deflectors obscure the inner half of your mirrors and with the smoked ones you can’t see ■■■■. I know this because I had a Stralis last week with them fitted and I was sooooooooo close to ripping the ■■■■■■■ off. The clear ones are no better either as the perspex becomes scratched to ■■■■ after a few cleans and then becomes just as opaque as the smoked ones. Personally I think they should be banned on the Stralis for safety reasons.

Best thing for the inside of an Iveco is a gallon of petrol and a lit match :laughing: But leatherette floor mats may be cheaper :sunglasses:

OVLOV JAY:
Best thing for the inside of an Iveco is a gallon of petrol and a lit match :laughing: But leatherette floor mats may be cheaper :sunglasses:

I was going to say the same in my OP but carried away ranting about the deflectors and forgot about it. :laughing:

OVLOV JAY:

I second that,we got two which i only have to drive when on lates every 6 weeks if im unlucky enough that one of them gets back first.
Hate the bloody things :imp: :imp:

Rob K, thanks, duly noted…
Side effect of having split door glas that - it does bug me; Merc, Scania, MAN, Volvo, they all manage to have the whole glass go up and down, why can’t Iveco & DAF manage it■■?

The rest of it, I’m not gonnae rise to :wink: Cheap & plasticky nature of the thing aside, as a machine to just get in and drive, they’re pretty good although I do miss my manual R-series from previous employment.

You may need some glue and rubber bands to hold it all together

Duck tape lots of it to hold everything together and a brown paper bag to put over your head so you don’t have to admit that you drive an iveco :grimacing: :grimacing:

All joking aside I’d say to get some seat covers as when the seats get a bit of wear the fabric goes from red or blue to a nasty grey/silver colour. When my dad used to have his eurotech when he worked for supercook he cut up a bit of left over kitchen lino to go across the engine hump and it was easily cleaned just a quick wipe with a rag and it came up clean. So well worth a thought as daft as it sounds :slight_smile:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

crawls out of the corner don’t worry, i too am a stralis fan :blush: not denying they fall to bits though :laughing:

I had one run away with itself down Windy Hill the other night, for some reason the overrun exhaust brake didn’t kick in and it reached the dizzy heights of 60mph. Well ■■■■ me, all hell broke loose then, warning klaxons going off, dash and tacho display flashing like crazy like it was last 10 seconds before a nuke detonated :open_mouth: . It’s a wonder I didn’t end up in the ditch from the distraction :angry: . I was pressing the ‘OK’ button on the dash to clear it all and got speed down to 50 but “T” was still going crazy flashing on dash and tacho was screaming OVERSPEED 30 and wouldn’t STFU flashing. Didn’t know wtf to do with it so pulled off at next junction and switched off to clear it. Anyone know if there’s a way to shut them up without having to stop every time you hit 60mph? :angry:

Iveco! Pile of Italian crap!! Petrol and Zippo the thing! :laughing:

It Vibrates Everything Comes Off

Rob K:
I had one run away with itself down Windy Hill the other night, for some reason the overrun exhaust brake didn’t kick in and it reached the dizzy heights of 60mph. Well [zb] me, all hell broke loose then, warning klaxons going off, dash and tacho display flashing like crazy like it was last 10 seconds before a nuke detonated :open_mouth: . It’s a wonder I didn’t end up in the ditch from the distraction :angry: . I was pressing the ‘OK’ button on the dash to clear it all and got speed down to 50 but “T” was still going crazy flashing on dash and tacho was screaming OVERSPEED 30 and wouldn’t STFU flashing. Didn’t know wtf to do with it so pulled off at next junction and switched off to clear it. Anyone know if there’s a way to shut them up without having to stop every time you hit 60mph? :angry:

The overspeed warning should come on if you have been over 56 for 30 seconds or more. It’s a pain in the harris to be honest! :imp: Just press ok on the steering wheel, and ok on the digi tach, the warning “T” should go off once 56 is reached again :wink:

To the OP, you can only get rubber mats for a cube cab from a dealer. We tried for ours to no avail! :unamused: