Insurance Q

My ex has give me a car and all relevant paper work, now the car is in his name but the insurance is for the said car but in his friends name…
As he’s band i understand the theory, is this legal ■■? and can i drive the car on my own insurance, as am fully comp with the family car■■?

Best idea - Get all other insurance removed from car and add it as a second car to your policy.

Don’t take chances with insurance, check with your insurance company they’re the experts (hopefully) :wink:

and can i drive the car on my own insurance, as am fully comp with the family car■■?

Legally, almost certainly, no. Some policies have a clause about the policy holder is allowed to drive another vehicle not owned by you and not hired by you or similar, third party only usually, I can’t remember the exact phrase. But, that won’t cover you.

My ex wanted to give the car to my son, but as he’s only 18 and the car is a 2ltr the insurance is to high.
I checked for me to take out a second policy and it was just under £300, not alot for a free car, the MOT is up in August so am not sure if i can be bothered with the hassle…

cheers guys :wink:

what car is it?

T reg Mondeo, it’s in really good nick, inside and out…

put it up for sale then, saves the hasdle like you said, and at 18 i’d have killed myself, or someone else acting like a ■■■■ in a 2litre car. Every 18 year old lad is the same in that respect, not singling your lad out there. I’m only 22 now and if my life didnt take the course it did i’d probably still ■■■■ about if I had a lump under the bonnet