Instructors

Often you hear of the bad schools and instructors, I have a positive story.

I was a van driver with Grandfather rights on 7.5 tonners, I was working on the books of half a dozen agencies and calling them every morning and every evening and struggling to get enough work and to make ends meet.

I decided to go for my class 2 license and spent about a month looking for the right school, I visited and spoke to most schools 50 miles around Nottingham.

I ended up with Peter Smyth Transport Training at Mansfield, he was clear and concise about the whole process and an absolute gent!

I passed first time due to the great instruction I received from Nick Arins, one of Peter’s great instructors.

I waited 18 months before taking my class 1 with them and again I passed first time.

To put this into perspective, car license passed 3rd time, bike license passed 3rd time. If you are looking for a GOOD team I am a big fan of Peter Smyth Transport training, they do what it says on the blurb, and a lot more! :laughing:

10/05/2010 I start full time work on an 8 legger tipper at nights, if the boss likes the cut of my jib I will have the option to move onto days on the artics, subject to a place becoming available!

Thank you to all the staff at Peter Smyth Transport Training.

I have only had my assesment so far with my training comapny A1 in Birmingham, the instructor explained to me the gearbox clearly and chatted to me which I find helps me as I feel more relaxed Im really looking forward to starting my training with them and seeing the girls in the office again :wink:

zucc_uk:
I ended up with Peter Smyth Transport Training at Mansfield

OH Well, someone has to I suppose… :wink:

I’m off for a break now before Peter sees this… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously, they are listed in the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, which can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature below

Too late ROG, seen it!!

Thanks for the kind comments. Always pleased to help.

Maybe this post should be on the newbies forum?? :laughing: :laughing: