Infringement Help

Got an Assessment at one of the parcel firms an been sent a copy of the questions but this ones got me ////

Repeated identical infringements of tachograph law can render a driver liable for suspension of their licence for how long ■■?
4 6 8 or 10 weeks ■■?

only in the HGV would suspension last so long hey //

would appreciate correct answers please ,

I don’t think there is a correct answer, it would be up-to the TC and presumably would depend on the seriousness of the offence, but hopefully someone who’s had to answer the question will know what answer is expected.

Who makes up these questions :unamused:

The only thing I’ve ever seen in regard to this is that repeat offences can lead to suspension of the vocational licence for a minimum of 1 month.

To my mind that means there is no correct answer because that is only the minimum so you could put 4 weeks but it could just as easily be 6, 8 or 10.

As above and really it depends on the nature of the infringement

One phone call, £19 - sorted out. Stress and worries free driving. Isn’t it?

Wilk:

I reckon that answer could bring the assessment to an abrupt end though :smiley:

This is a company issue more than anything, repeated infringements should be flagged during analyisis and rectified through training,

Ive never given a thought to the penalty as I have a fair understanding of the regs ?

tachograph:
I don’t think there is a correct answer, it would be up-to the TC and presumably would depend on the seriousness of the offence, but hopefully someone who’s had to answer the question will know what answer is expected.

Who makes up these questions :unamused:

Thanks all who have replied so far // it’s a new one on me :frowning: think I will go with 4 weeks

michael.d.s.:
This is a company issue more than anything, repeated infringements should be flagged during analyisis and rectified through training,

Only a company thing if it’s not picked up by enforcement officers. Once they get hold of it then it’s a different matter and a fine and visit to the TC with a suspension of the licence is pretty much a certainty.

tachograph:

Wilk:

I reckon that answer could bring the assessment to an abrupt end though :smiley:

It may do but it’s funny we know exactly what he means without him actually saying it!

:blush: I don’t

dri-diddly-iver:
:oops: I don’t

Well you might lose something…

dri-diddly-iver:

“Lose” your card, pay £19, get a shiny new one. No more infringements!

(Yes, they’ll still be recorded against your name on the company tachograph analysis system, but they won’t show up in a roadside check).

bluebird1927:
Got an Assessment at one of the parcel firms an been sent a copy of the questions but this ones got me ////

Repeated identical infringements of tachograph law can render a driver liable for suspension of their licence for how long ■■?
4 6 8 or 10 weeks ■■?

Sounds like an internal policy.The answer is probably in the paperwork you’ve been given. Thats one part you’ve failed !!! :smiley:

Mike-C:

bluebird1927:

4 6 8 or 10 weeks ■■?

Sounds like an internal policy.The answer is probably in the paperwork you’ve been given. Thats one part you’ve failed !!! :smiley:

Since when did a parcel company have the power to suspend a driving licence?

Roymondo:

Mike-C:

bluebird1927:

4 6 8 or 10 weeks ■■?

Since when did a parcel company have the power to suspend a driving licence?

You and me both know they don’t. Thats why i suggested its an internal policy and there is nothing in the remit of the law for it. Along them lines anyway.

An internal policy to do what though? To suspend an errant driver’s licence for 4, 6, 8 or 10 weeks? Or a policy to deliberately mislead their drivers :slight_smile:

As you say, some bod in the company’s “compliance department” or whatever has circulated a memo and it has been incorporated into the company ethos in a Borg-like manner.

Roymondo:
An internal policy to do what though? To suspend an errant driver’s licence for 4, 6, 8 or 10 weeks? Or a policy to deliberately mislead their drivers :slight_smile:

As you say, some bod in the company’s “compliance department” or whatever has circulated a memo and it has been incorporated into the company ethos in a Borg-like manner.

Hold your horses, we’re still in the drivers waiting room at the minute !! Lets see the document that says it before commenting further !! :laughing:

Roymondo:

dri-diddly-iver:

(Yes, they’ll still be recorded against your name on the company tachograph analysis system, but they won’t show up in a roadside check).

Exactly. That is what I did last week. I do not have to be worried about infringements every single day any more, however, will be very careful not to meet a new one!

Wilk:

Roymondo:

dri-diddly-iver:

Exactly. That is what I did last week. I do not have to be worried about infringements every single day any more, however, will be very careful not to meet a new one!

All well and good if your not driving the same vehicle every day, or they will come to light if VOSA do a vehicle download at the road side.