Infringement Help

weeto:
All well and good if your not driving the same vehicle every day, or they will come to light if VOSA do a vehicle download at the road side.

Don’t matter what veh your driving … a roadside download will flag any driver as the vdu stores everything

nick2008:

weeto:
All well and good if your not driving the same vehicle every day, or they will come to light if VOSA do a vehicle download at the road side.

Don’t matter what veh your driving … a roadside download will flag any driver as the vdu stores everything

If it flags the driver who is driving it and shows infringments do you not think they will do him even though he has got a new clean digi card to hide the fact he has loads of them on his replaced card?

weeto:

nick2008:

weeto:

If it flags the driver who is driving it and shows infringments do you not think they will do him even though he has got a new clean digi card to hide the fact he has loads of them on his replaced card?

You’ve missed the point. What’s recorded on your card is also left on the tachograph units storage. So it don’t matter if your in said truck or not the infringement is recorded.and as such is traceable back to the offending driver new card or not

Do they usually download the VU at road-side checks ?

tachograph:

Think it’s like anything. It depends on the situation

tachograph:

After the DVSA boys read this thread, yeah, they probably will :smiley:

nick2008:

weeto:

nick2008:

weeto:

You’ve missed the point. What’s recorded on your card is also left on the tachograph units storage. So it don’t matter if your in said truck or not the infringement is recorded.and as such is traceable back to the offending driver new card or not

Did you have trouble understanding the answer I gave, did you not understand changing your digicard doesn’t hide the infingments?

nick2008:

weeto:

But he wont be driving every vehicle he’s comitted will he, unlike if he drives the same vehicle every day!

weeto:

nick2008:

weeto:

But he wont be driving every vehicle he’s comitted will he, unlike if he drives the same vehicle every day!

no .
but the point being the infringement’s can still be picked up in the original veh as can anyone elses infringement being committed in the truck.
The other point being that if you have drivers committing infringement’s over the fleet and it gets picked up there more likely will follow a visit for record checks.

nick2008:

weeto:

nick2008:

weeto:

no .
but the point being the infringement’s can still be picked up in the original veh as can anyone elses infringement being committed in the truck.
The other point being that if you have drivers committing infringement’s over the fleet and it gets picked up there more likely will follow a visit for record checks.

You really like to complicate things.

weeto:

Not really … all I’ve said is if you have a LEAGAL infringement, its recorded on a tachograph machine and as such at some point CAN be picked up if and when, The or an authorised authority be it VOSA or whatever department they want to be called or police authority in this and any other country can down load and bring the offences to light if they so wish to do so.
So buy losing a drivers card and all the other nonsense that people spout wont make any infringement go away, also as long as the vehicle operator has downloaded from the vehicle there is yet another copy of the infringement.
In short if a driver don’t wanna get caught Don’t Do It

nick2008:

weeto:

Not really … all I’ve said is if you have a LEAGAL infringement, its recorded on a tachograph machine and as such at some point CAN be picked up if and when, The or an authorised authority be it VOSA or whatever department they want to be called or police authority in this and any other country can down load and bring the offences to light if they so wish to do so.
So buy losing a drivers card and all the other nonsense that people spout wont make any infringement go away, also as long as the vehicle operator has downloaded from the vehicle there is yet another copy of the infringement.

Isn’t that what I was implying in my first post? Or did I word it in a way in which you didn’t understand.

tachograph:

Possibly not but if they pulled some one, and there is only 3 days records on his/her card they may do so.

weeto:

nick2008:

weeto:

Isn’t that what I was implying in my first post? Or did I word it in a way in which you didn’t understand.

Yep nope yep oh bugger yeah but no but you know what people are like burn the card no-one will know etc etc etc :wink: