infringements

hi guys ive completed my first week driving and i can say its been great.Ive had to photocopy my analogue tachographs and hand the photocopies into the transport office.Now afew questions, will my tachos be analysed for breaks,rest and driving times by the transport office?

What if any infringements are on my tachos,what is the normal procedure,fines,points etc etc? :blush: :open_mouth: :confused:

sorry for question but im alittle unsure.thanks for any advice.

The company does not give you any fines. But they will most likley give you a written notice.

If the company or their tacho analysis agent finds any infringements then to cover themselves they should point them out to you and get you to sign that they have done so

They can use infringements as breaches oof company loicy if that is what you agreed to either in a verbal or written contract - a verbal one could simply be agreeing to all their terms listed in the company rules which you have never read and could be in the thousands !

There is no legal obligation for the them to inform the authorities

The authorities can use anything within the last 6 months against you should they find it at the roadside or on a visit to the company

That is how I understand things work legally

scottythegeordie:
hi guys ive completed my first week driving and i can say its been great.Ive had to photocopy my analogue tachographs and hand the photocopies into the transport office.Now afew questions, will my tachos be analysed for breaks,rest and driving times by the transport office?

What if any infringements are on my tachos,what is the normal procedure,fines,points etc etc? :blush: :open_mouth: :confused:

sorry for question but im alittle unsure.thanks for any advice.

Your charts should be analysed by the company or an analysis company if they use one, you should be given a written list of infringements if you’ve got any.

Basically infringements are to advise you of what you’ve done wrong so you can avoid making the same mistakes again, on some companies someone will go over any infringements with you and point out where you’ve gone wrong, other companies will simply give you an infringement sheet to sign.

There are no fines but some companies do have a policy that if you get a certain number of infringements you get to do another driver assessment and disciplinary action can follow if you keep on getting infringements, it really depends on the company policy and how strictly they enforce it.

Generally speaking infringements are nothing to worry about as long as you do your best to avoid constantly making the same mistakes.

I take it you’re expecting some infringements then ? :wink:

thanks guys for replies.

@tachograph thanks for your reply mate it clears it up abit more.No im not expecting any mate i have done everything ok hopefully.i was just curious as to what was the likeliness of infringements should i receive any that was all. :unamused: :unamused:

it also depends on what they are. drivers hours infringements are taken more seriously than WTD infringements but most would prefer you stayed legal on both counts. the odd one here and there is usually not a problem. we all suffer the occasional oversight, particularly when you work for a living rather than stare at the lines on the motorway but regular offences will normally be picked up and corrective education will be heading your way. they will be dealt with in house anyway but they will take notes to show that they are trying to comply so they have something to show the gestapo when they drop in for a spot check

cissa:
The company does not give you any fines. But they will most likley give you a written notice.

And more worryingly,when it comes to redundancies,these will be remembered!

What`s more worrying is that it seems the OP has handed in the tacho charts into the office after their 1st week

peirre:
What`s more worrying is that it seems the OP has handed in the tacho charts into the office after their 1st week

Read it again, he handed in the copies

NewLad:

peirre:

bondelivery (mcburney) took the origionals and gave the drivers the photocopy :confused:

syramax:

NewLad:

peirre:

bondelivery (mcburney) took the origionals and gave the drivers the photocopy :confused:

The drivers should have said no, it’s illegal for the drivers not to carry the originals with them for 28 days.

What happened to 42 days? :sunglasses: OP you should of kept the originals and hand the copies to them :laughing: and just remember when THEY want to get rid of you, infringements and over speeds ( which they conveniently don’t say nothing about ) :imp: will count once THEY decide YOU’RE out the door! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Fatboy slimslow:
What happened to 42 days? :sunglasses: OP you should of kept the originals and hand the copies to them :laughing: and just remember when THEY want to get rid of you, infringements and over speeds ( which they conveniently don’t say nothing about ) :imp: will count once THEY decide YOU’RE out the door! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Hey fatboy i handed in the photocopied charts to the office,ive kept hold of the originals mate. :smiley: :smiley:

Fatboy slimslow:
What happened to 42 days? :sunglasses:

You are legally obliged to carry the charts with you for 28 days and have up-to 42 days to hand them to the operator :wink:

tachograph:

syramax:

NewLad:

peirre:

The drivers should have said no, it’s illegal for the drivers not to carry the originals with them for 28 days.

that’s what i said when the chicken spot at thorne wanted me to keep the copies :confused:

tachograph:

Fatboy slimslow:

You are legally obliged to carry the charts with you for 28 days and have up-to 42 days to hand them to the operator :wink:

thats why I said 42 days! :grimacing: OP well done pal, it’s all BULLSTEIN photocopying anyway! :laughing:

Fatboy slimslow:

tachograph:

Fatboy slimslow:

thats why I said 42 days! :grimacing: OP well done pal, it’s all BULLSTEIN photocopying anyway! :laughing:

Cheers fatboy,yeah it’s how they want the charts every week mate so that’s how they get them,off the photocopier. :laughing: :laughing:

A new lad at ours got infringements on his driver hours.

People from VOSA turned up one day, gave him a pill or something similar, and took him away. We’ve not seen him since. We light candles for his safe return every friday.

If only… if only :open_mouth:

macci:
A new lad at ours got infringements on his driver hours.

People from VOSA turned up one day, gave him a pill or something similar, and took him away. We’ve not seen him since. We light candles for his safe return every friday.

If only… if only :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: any infringements and vosa take you away and your never seen again. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Is it a grey X’ish reg merc your driving? Got a feeling it might well be :wink: