Indian Leyland Roadtrain

Just wondering is this Wagon still about? I remember seeing a Leyland Roadtrain Painted up like an Indian on an Episode of Minder a couple of years back. And also in a magazine around the same time. Any photos?
Cheers
John

i remember it. didnt it belong to humpreys ■■?

i belive that is correct, as he was all ways haveing one of the firms wagons inthe trucking mags due to the high standard threy were allways in,

I remember seeing it a couple of times on the road, and also remember seeing it in a truck mag, when the sunvisors were pulled down they had a pair of eyes painted on them!

would this be the one :wink:

Bob.

now theres a blast from the past.
as anyone got any pics of the one won by simon seargent of atherstone that was in truck magazine i know simon has still got ot and he had it converted to an high roof like the indian one

Carl; not a very good picture, but here it is trying to hide behind the magnum

I always thought they was a smart lookin motor, remember when Hardings from Frome used to run some. I used to load out of Hardings for Germany when on for Frigos’ Thats when i thought um wouldn’t mind one of them
( I know sad zb ) I’ll get that in first :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Lads, Looked the part back then, wondered what happened to it?
Cheers
John

cheers bob :laughing: :wink: hardings did have some sat in there yard but that were a few years ago now

Chris Brearley was running them down to Turkey and then he got real brave and swapped them for Steyr.

Think he was trying to tell his drivers something :stuck_out_tongue:

im sure that sargents roadtrain come past me as i was turning off the m4 for newport the week before christmas, it was pulling a 40ft skelly with a 20ft box on it, the paint work was white and it was in immaculate condition. think it might have been the same one?

conway bailey is restoring one at the moment his son mark who took over the reins got rid of a lot of old motors but the old man put his foot down with this one it is quite distinctive bright orange in colour and a eagle on the aerofoil
all his motors are just orange now but still distinctive