Leyland Roadtrain with red Indian face

Just watching an old episode of minder on itv4 and they were been followed by a roadtrain interstate with the front painted as a face and the cab top in the traditional headdress.
I remember this lorry as a youngster in the late 80s early 90s and used to see it regularly round the south London area. I think it used to pull sainsburys trailers alot.
Anyone else remember it or have and history on it or it’s owners.

kr79:
Just watching an old episode of minder on itv4 and they were been followed by a roadtrain interstate with the front painted as a face and the cab top in the traditional headdress.
I remember this lorry as a youngster in the late 80s early 90s and used to see it regularly round the south London area. I think it used to pull sainsburys trailers alot.
Anyone else remember it or have and history on it or it’s owners.

It was Bill Humphreys Roadtrain, do a search on the forums and you will find a photo.

This is the same lorry

i remember seeing it a good few years back at sainsburys charlton, and if i’m right, (IF) did he have maybe 1, or more other painted up unit, i don’t know why but a purple ERF keeps popping in my head.

One of Bills Scanias aswell. :wink:

Bob.

Is that humpfrys out of silvertown?

I remember that roadtrain at truckfest must of been late 80’s I also remember seeing that episode of minder round about that time as well
I think bill had a white f88 or f89 and a black 141 scania as well

Must have been a bit awkward driving in those shoes !! :smiley:

Suedehead:

Must have been a bit awkward driving in those shoes !! :smiley:

Nice pair of “headlights” as well!!!

kr79:
Is that humpfrys out of silvertown?

I think they call themselves W. Humphreys now Kev, last time I saw them they were running 124 Scanias with scrap bulkers, their yard is down by Tate & Lyles place near the ferry :wink:

Yeah that’s them. I know they did a lot of sand and aggregate for rmc at one time.

Bob.
[/quote]
Nice chassis never noticed the Scania in the background `til i read the text :smiley:

An interstate roadtrain for sale in this months cvc mag,…hmm how good would a replica of this be! :sunglasses:

ramone:
i used to have one just like that,and the scania as well.

Bob.

Nice chassis never noticed the Scania in the background `til i read the text :smiley:
[/quote]