Leyland Roadtrain K861SBR

Anyone have any photos of this truck?

Hi got hundreds of roadtrain pics,any details? colour,livery,operator,2 or 3 axle?

Hi vwvanman
I drove loads of Roadtrains in the early 90’s, dont suppose you’ve got any TWF, or Bibby distribution photos
Regards
Jerry

Its a 2 axle White sleepercab, with quite a big airkit on the roof, and probbaly pulling a dirty looking white and orange stepframe tilt. The name on it is Barlow Handling
Cheers

OK now I’ve had a bit hunt around, I think it may have been a Leyland DAF 80, not the roadtrain. I have couple of pictures from the side of it, but I have a suspicion its too later a registration to have the Roadtrain front grille. As far as I can tell teh roadtrain and the 80 are identcial from the side. Any resident experts out there could clear this up?

Think the k reg’s could be either,there were some old style roadtrains on k regs,and also some 80 series,and the 80 series were the same as the low datum roadtrains from the side.been away all weekend so will look for pics this week.

Sorry chaps,had a look and dont have any photos of this truck or any bibbys,will keep an eye out at shows in the future though.

My roadtrain was only a baby but she pulled 22ton out of blackburn for ten years.It had a leyland TL11A ENGINE,coupled to an eaton
ten speed roadranger gearbox.Although she was small i still qualified for the T45club,HA ha.

This is the truck I’m after pictures of, I only have a few and theyre all from the side :imp:

I’ve blanked out me as a toddler as its just damned embarrassing :blush:

Check out the gap between the truck and trailer in this picture:

And while I’m on, heres some others:

And not strictly a Roadtrain but close enough:

Watching this and the DAF next to it both get stuck on a flat wet field doing a recovery demonstration was one of the funniest things I’ve witnessed in a long time :laughing:

Still not found any photos of the many Roadtrains we had at Bibby distribution in the late 80s/early 90s but we’re getting nearer.
That Hindle international is D708RRN, we had D636RRN, D692RRN, and I’m pretty sure we had D707RRN, at the Leeds depot, Others
I often wonder what happened to were, A380AFS, D387JBA, D388JBA,D389JBA, D866ODB, E138FCW ,EI85GBV, EI92GBV,There were also many Leyland Freighters and even a couple of Roadrunners, After the E reg’s, the Roadtrains were replaced with Seddon atkinson strato’s

Jerry