Important a43 closure - friday

A43 will be closed to ALL through traffic from 0400-2100 daily from Friday to Sunday. Closure from M40 to M1.

If you’re going to/from north to/from Southampton, you’re gonna have to find another way.

This is so that the selfish [zbs] going to see the British Grand Prix don’t have to queue as long. Wasn’t that the idea of dualling it in the first place?

I wonder how many hundreds of thousands will be inconvenienced?

Cheers Bernie.

i normally go to MK that way on a saturday :imp:

Go A46 around Coventry and then M69 to the M1 if you’re going North…that’s the way we always used to go on a Friday night before the A43 was improved… :bulb:

For MK, go A34 then cut up through Bicester and Aylesbury. :wink:

Lucy:

Don’t you mean Bicester and BUCKINGHAM along the A421■■

Dan.

you dont perchance work for howard tenens do you dan? :confused:

scanny77:
you dont perchance work for howard tenens do you dan? :confused:

Only til tomorrow scanny.

Dan.

i think you are nuts for leaving them but good luck with the new job mate :wink:

Dan:

Lucy:

Dan.

No…well, yes…what I thought I’d put was Bicester or[/i] Aylesbury… :blush: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just had a look at northants.police.uk/silverstone_main.asp they say that the road will be closed until 21.00 Sunday. I did get through this morning well before the closeure but I think its A508 tonight & tomorrow night. Also tried to ring Northants Police to confirm but gave up after a couple of mins nobody answered.

Lucy:

Dan:

Lucy:

Dan.

No…well, yes…what I thought I’d put was Bicester or[/i] Aylesbury… :blush: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
[/quote]
You can’t go through Buckingham on the 421 as there’s a weight limit over 7.5t.

I had a phone call lastnight about 18.00 from a workmate who said he rang Northants Police & they did say the roads open until 4am & sure enough I sailed through at about 01.30am no problem.

Rob K:

Lucy:

Dan:

Lucy:

Dan.

[/quote]
[/quote]
Weight limit is in the town centre and not on the main A421 around Buckingham. I should know,I used the road TWICE yesterday. :unamused:

Dan:

Rob K:

Lucy:

Dan:

Lucy:

Dan.

[/quote]
[/quote]
Weight limit is in the town centre and not on the main A421 around Buckingham. I should know,I used the road TWICE yesterday. :unamused:
[/quote]
I stand corrected, I was thinking of the A422 from Brackley to Circle City.

That A421 was the quickest route to MK when I worked at Ontime, Banbury.

I quite miss the old road through Silverstone