Silverstone. Why

Why is it they can close the A43 around Silverstone like they do.

Its a major trunk route ffs.

Also gonna be interesting today because of the Accident on the M40.

Good luck folks.

Tell me about it buddy. It’s also my route in to work every day.

I live one side of silverstone and work the otherside and have to do a night trunk past there everynight not happy as i"ve had to take tonight off because of it. :imp: :imp:

We can’t have all those millionaires messed about, just because us peasants have to work to live. :wink:

Our factory is at Brackley and today of all days we were clearing 2 farms at Abthopre near Towcester :open_mouth: ,ended up going via the back roads,turned a 30 minute run each way into a 75 minute run each way,nice work planning :unamused:

If they did not close it then I suspect that the delays would be huge for those trying to get through the jams - wouldn’t they :question:

Don’t think they have much choice, the dual carriageway one way system thing they are doing now, is a fairly recent idea I believe. Congestion through there would be as bad or worse without it as the whole world and his dog tries to get to the GP.

I took the northbound diversion route first thing this morning just after 5am. It was all well signposted A421, A422 then the A508 (I think) takes you up to the M1. It’s all single carriageway so pretty slow going, plenty of slow bendy bits and roundabouts compared to the A43. Driving straight into the evil sunrise though was not fun.

Had to come back past it later on, I was loaded near M1 Jnc 21, I was going to go the same way as the morning but the southbound M1 was signposting you to go M6, A46 down to Warwick and join the M40 that way. Took a bit longer that way, but that can probably be attributed to the time of day around morning rush hour.

Makes you realise what a decent bit of road the A43 is. When we get to use it.

Lots of accidents about today in that area, I heard about the M40 accident as I was thankfully already past it and getting unloaded. I also passed a freelander that someone had managed to chuck into the hedge on a straight bit of the A34 northbound near the Abingdon North sliproad. Hadn’t happened long, as the police were just on the scene and the whole northbound A34 was at a standstill at that point.

washy jnr:
Our factory is at Brackley and today of all days we were clearing 2 farms at Abthopre near Towcester :open_mouth: ,ended up going via the back roads,turned a 30 minute run each way into a 75 minute run each way,nice work planning :unamused:

Good old Faccenda eh!!! I’m in on Sunday afternoon, hopefully the road in from Bugbrooke won’t be too nasty.

Cheers

prichardson:

washy jnr:

Good old Faccenda eh!!! I’m in on Sunday afternoon, hopefully the road in from Bugbrooke won’t be too nasty.

Cheers

Best of luck paul,partnership is on !!! :smiling_imp:

WildGoose:
I took the northbound diversion route first thing this morning just after 5am. It was all well signposted A421, A422 then the A508 (I think) takes you up to the M1. It’s all single carriageway so pretty slow going, plenty of slow bendy bits and roundabouts compared to the A43. Driving straight into the evil sunrise though was not fun.

Was it you that drove thru the layby I was parked overnight in and went soooooooofast the cab rocked for 5 mins■■? :smiley:

I went diversion route last night as would’ve been out of time halfway thru the bit they were closing at 5am this morning, I couldnt start til 7-15 (11 off last night!!) what would the local authorities have done with me?

Because people, and I’m not implying any of you chaps are, are generally idiots when they get in a car and if it was open it’d make a bad situation 20 times worse with all the general traffic who wouldn’t avoid it then moan when they’re stuck in traffic for 10 hours, as I was when the car parks were bogged down and I was trying to take a coach load of passengers to the race. Can’t remember what year that was, 2001/2002?

Well the dual past Silverstone was only built for for the grand prix and not all public money , not many can complain, and it is only for 3 days!

ajdavis64:
Well the dual past Silverstone was only built for for the grand prix and not all public money , not many can complain, and it is only for 3 days!

It was a lot more problematic when the old road was the main road. :laughing:

be like my self and get pit lane tickets… no qs no worrys and no punters to put up with… hard life…

[quote="Robsta

I went diversion route last night as would’ve been out of time halfway thru the bit they were closing at 5am this morning, I couldnt start til 7-15 (11 off last night!!) what would the local authorities have done with me?[/quote]
I would have been soooo tempted.

Alan…:
[quote="Robsta

I went diversion route last night as would’ve been out of time halfway thru the bit they were closing at 5am this morning, I couldnt start til 7-15 (11 off last night!!) what would the local authorities have done with me?

I would have been soooo tempted.
[/quote]
I was very tempted but being ugly I like and need my beauty sleep! And dont like being woken up!

I just saw Jenson and Louis driving a VW camper on the news, they were doing a sponsors promotion and were trying to give free tickets away in a service station.

Jenson mentioned one bloke.

"Hi, are you going to the Grand prix?

“NO!”

Would you like a free ticket?

“NO!”

Strange bloke, if someone offered me a free £40 ticket I would snap his hand off or sell it. :laughing:

I can’t go Jenson mate, as we are off to Mallory Park for the “Festival of 1000 Bikes” with AAA passes :stuck_out_tongue:

vmcc.net/1000bikes/

2 different drivers at our place have said that one of the diversion routes takes you over a very very narrow bridge and you have millimeters to spare :open_mouth: :open_mouth: either side of the truck as we deliver around that area pleased im not on that route :open_mouth: :open_mouth: going over it :exclamation: :exclamation:

why dont they use the same method that they use at kinross for T in the park? dedicate one lane for the event and the other lane for traffic going past with cones separating the 2 lanes. seems to work :confused:

Id give my right nut to go to the grand prix tomorrow, i’ll have to make do with Jake,eddie and david on the beeb :cry: