im very very sorry

i need to issue a big apology to the residents of south mimms on a thursday night my brakes had failed on the m25 ( luckly empty and crawling along )
so was forced to bin it in the services and didnt get sorted untill 11pm so like i said im very sorry for all the noise caused especially to the polish driver who i ended up next to :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Erm… :confused:

Ken.

crap happens

your brakes failed on a relativley flat motoraway?

You did better than the sort who managed to strand her horse box in between lane 1 & 2 of the m40 southbound on Friday afternoon then… :unamused:

I am very very sorry but I do not understand how the brakes can fail on a wagon, they are designed in such a way that any problem and the brakes apply themselves without any interaction from the driver.
would you care to explain when you have thought about it :question:

I had brakes fail on trailer with 55 plate daf broken wire on unit caused the prob no warning just press the pedal and was pushed along not very nice never had any dash warnings or indication anything was wrong very glad I didn’t need them in a hurry

In which case I am (not) very very sorry to the old couple who parked up in a caravan at Tibshelf services when my tread peeled off the tyre on the m1 and I limped it into the services to have the tyre changed at 0200. The tyre fitter was a bit noisy. Either way it was safer than doing it on the hard shoulder.

Had the brakes fail on a 07 premium. Came up warning axle lock on the dash, went to slow down and foot went straight to the floor. Not nice.

dowahdiddyman:
Had the brakes fail on a 07 premium. Came up warning axle lock on the dash, went to slow down and foot went straight to the floor. Not nice.

The good old Renault :slight_smile:

green456:
I am very very sorry but I do not understand how the brakes can fail on a wagon, they are designed in such a way that any problem and the brakes apply themselves without any interaction from the driv er.

il explain it just for you :confused:
traffic came to a stand still as im slowing down i gets a abs warning in amber on my dash then my dash reads brake warning truck STOP in red so i decide it would be safer to investigate this in the services i moves over and when i came to push the middle pedal nothing happend
turns out it needs a new loom i managed to get a temp repair and its going in on monday

cliffton 27:

green456:
I am very very sorry but I do not understand how the brakes can fail on a wagon, they are designed in such a way that any problem and the brakes apply themselves without any interaction from the driv er.

traffic came to a stand still as im slowing down i gets a abs warning in amber on my dash then my dash reads brake warning truck STOP in red so i decide it would be safer to investigate this in the services i moves over and when i came to push the middle pedal nothing happend
turns out it needs a new loom i managed to get a temp repair and its going in on monday

Anything that says brake warning STOP in red means I STOP as soon as i can! Bugger going to the services! I would have stopped on hard-shoulder/slip road/entry to services, anything could have happened between the warning illuminating and the services, for which i imagine, you’d never forgive yourself for!!!

Once checked, if safe to move, then i would move to services to effect repairs, BUT NOT BEFORE it is safe to do so!

Smiffys trucking:

cliffton 27:

green456:

Anything that says brake warning STOP in red means I STOP as soon as i can! Bugger going to the services! I would have stopped on hard-shoulder/slip road/entry to services, anything could have happened between the warning illuminating and the services, for which i imagine, you’d never forgive yourself for!!!

Once checked, if safe to move, then i would move to services to effect repairs, BUT NOT BEFORE it is safe to do so!

i understand what you are saying but being as i was empty i knew with great caution i could get to to the services i was at the slip rd so i didnt drive for miles i wasnt trying to be a hero just thought it was a better option

Smiffys trucking:

Thats all well and good but i drive a MAN and if i stopped every time the dashboard lit up with a red warning i,d never get anywhere :laughing:

1. Why apologise to the residents. and considering that both entrance slip roads to South Mimms are on an incline, you took a chance, unless you could control the brakes via a the handbrake, i dont believe you had a complete brake failure, and if you did, then still drove, then your the biggest idiot on the road, but understand why you chose a services over a hard shoulder.

truckyboy:

1. Why apologise to the residents. and considering that both entrance slip roads to South Mimms are on an incline, you took a chance, unless you could control the brakes via a the handbrake, i dont believe you had a complete brake failure, and if you did, then still drove, then your the biggest idiot on the road, but understand why you chose a services over a hard shoulder.

maybe it wasnt complete brake failure like i said i knew id be able to get it in n parked up