Im ready for my fireworks,,,,,,

well here i am a bit late but today i had my class 1 test and i bloody well passed didnt i.

thankyou all for your advice and help, it is much appreciated.
now if i may i would like to go into a few details

after a very early morning (for me) and a 3 hour wait. all the build up came to a head. within ten minutes i thought i had failed my test but all your advice paid off and i knuckled down, continued and got through it, and i can honestly say when he said i am pleased to say you have passed i was shocked.

i can go into more detail for people who want to know what to expect , just ask. now comes the hard bit, finding work and driving professionally.

and also if i may be so bold i would like to plug the company i was tutored by. if this is against the forum rules please let me know and i will edit,

but for anyone in redditch or even the west midlands i heartly reccomend dave and jane at Associated Transport Tuition. see website associatedtransporttuition.co.uk/

Well done mikey-t, im well chuffed for you.

What was your test route like and what minors did you get?

Im sure the fireworks will be along soon :smiley:

to be honest test route was an absolute ball ache. i had pretty much every corner / island / hill and obstacle a driver would fear. i got a few marks on the paper which to be honest after the way i drove i expected, and im pretty sure i know the cause of each one. they were

1. control - steering
    14)use of mirrors -change speed
    15)signals - timed
    20)progress - undue hesitation
    21)junctions - observation and turning left

not too bad i suppose. still a little annoyed at myself. but not quite as bad as one guy i saw. he left on his test and less then 10 minutes later he was back. he had failed to notice a low bridge warning on a junction and carried straight on. needless to say he was majorly annoyed and didnt feel the need to carry on with the test. i felt so bad for him as i was told i had passed right in front of him

Well done mate :slight_smile: goodluck with the job hunt.

thankyou very much, just need to find somewere willing to accept minimal experience.
there is a lot of industry round here though, close to m40/m42/m5/m6 so its popular with haulage

Well done mate :slight_smile: , how long ago did you do your cat c? Im looking to do my c+e shortly . possibly with a different trainer (so looking for reccomendations ) Did you do your test in an artic or w&d?

did you get to do any work in a rigid? before you startred your c+e ,

cheers Mike

well done… :smiley:

Well done mate. :smiley:

Congratulation mate well done

good luck in finding work

Jennie x

thankyou all. much appreciated

Mikey D:
Well done mate :slight_smile: , how long ago did you do your cat c? Im looking to do my c+e shortly . possibly with a different trainer (so looking for reccomendations ) Did you do your test in an artic or w&d?

did you get to do any work in a rigid? before you startred your c+e ,

cheers Mike

i did cat C last year passed in october and i only managed to get 3 or 4 days work out of it. and that was after applying to every agencie locally and sending out 40+ hand written letters to transport companies
as for my test i did it in a wagon and drag.

Well done :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nowt wrong with plugging the provider as there is a list of recommended providers on here so that could be added

Good luck with finding work

Well done mate

cheers all, and yes if we could get them on a reccomended tutors that would be great. i know i am not the only happy customer.

mikey-t:
… today i had my class 1 test and i bloody well passed didnt i.

Hi mikey-t

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your “C+E” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

mikey-t:
… if this is against the forum rules please let me know and i will edit,

No mate, it’s not against forum rules to post a recommendation. :smiley:

I’ve added Associated Transport Training to out list of recommended LGV tuition providers in the sticky at the top of this forum, and I’d like to say ‘thanks’ for passing us your recommendation for others to see. :smiley:

rubberduckY1234:
… Im sure the fireworks will be along soon :smiley:

Correctamundo!! :grimacing:

well done, im looking forward to doing mine soon.

yay fireworks!!!
now its official!! only when the fireworks are launched have you passed your test

Congratulations mikeyt on passing your C+E test :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: well chuffed for you & good luck with the job hunt :smiley:

well done mate i am hopeing to do it soon aswell