If anyones interested :)

Hell Drivers on BBC iPlayer :open_mouth:

bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 … l_Drivers/

:astonished: “The brakes don’t work! Didn’t you see they faded on me?”
:laughing: “Well, we stopped didn’t we!” :laughing:

“Maybe they need pulling up a bit” :laughing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Classic.

Watching this should a part of your driving test, and count towards your Driver CPC!!
Even forgetting the lorries (not trucks!) angle, it’s a classic:- loads of good and famous actors, made in a time when men were men!!

it’s a class film and every driver should see it :slight_smile: even if it’s just to see some supersonic cows!!! :laughing:

my p.o.s. computer won’t play it continuously, it keeps buffering every few seconds. i’ve spent half the afternoon connecting the wii to the internet so i could watch it on that… it’s just the same :cry: :blush: :unamused:

The view from the cab at the beginning must be similar to what the Irish see between Stranraer and Gretna…!

Anyone know where it was filmed :question:

BIGRIG:

No. I would guess Denham or Iver■■?

Dunno then?:

BIGRIG:

No. I would guess Denham or Iver■■?

Don’t know if it’s true or not, but someone told me years ago, the cafe in it was the Riverside at Colnbrook.

This seems fairly definitive:

“The Kew Dodges were bottle green and were hired from Drinkwaters in Willesden,NW London. Some locations were the road up to and on Truleigh Hill, Nr Shoreham, West Sussex and the surrounding lanes, Fulmar in Bucks and the opening shots (speeded up film) were shot on the road between Langley and Iver (which has been altered over the years). I was told by a local that the tipper that went over the cliff and exploded was a Ford ET6 and the quarry scene was by the Upper Beeding cement works.”

What a cast:
Sean Connery, Patrick McGoohan, Herbert Lom, Peggy ■■■■■■■■ Sid James, Alfie Bass, Gordon Jackson, William Hartnell, Jill Ireland, and of course, Stanley Baker.

Santa:
This seems fairly definitive:

“The Kew Dodges were bottle green and were hired from Drinkwaters in Willesden,NW London. Some locations were the road up to and on Truleigh Hill, Nr Shoreham, West Sussex and the surrounding lanes, Fulmar in Bucks and the opening shots (speeded up film) were shot on the road between Langley and Iver (which has been altered over the years). I was told by a local that the tipper that went over the cliff and exploded was a Ford ET6 and the quarry scene was by the Upper Beeding cement works.”

What a cast:
Sean Connery, Patrick McGoohan, Herbert Lom, Peggy ■■■■■■■■ Sid James, Alfie Bass, Gordon Jackson, William Hartnell, Jill Ireland, and of course, Stanley Baker.

Thanks for that :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I have it on dvd, had it for years after seeing it on BBC2 once. Watched it the other day. It was filmed nr Pinewood Studios, according to the booklet.
Quality film…Sid James is annoying in it though, but we forgive him that!