i shift

cant be arsed to search the forums (weve all had a drink calm down) :wink:

i dont want to look a div on monday so can you talk me through a total fools guide to it. all so the scanny opticruise as well.

cheers jon

the i-shiftā€¦ start it in neutralā€¦ put it in a for autoā€¦ press the pedal. :laughing: :wink:

• and - buttons on side of stickā€¦ in m for manualā€¦ you can change up and down the boxā€¦
    two speed reverseā€¦ + and - for hi or low reverse.
    p.sā€¦ use the search :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

JB:
two speed reverseā€¦ + and - for hi or low reverse.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

4 speed reverse i dont know why but it has it you have to be in neutral to select 1-2 r or 3-4 r.

Stalk on right hand side is engine break just put it one position from top if the display says e+ then thats right to sus out the rest just play with the buttons.

I probably shouldnt answer this post after all the stick I have given them new fangled gear sorters :stuck_out_tongue:

However I have been presented with a Volvo with something glued to the seat, Since being in it, I have forgotten how to drive my car :smiley:

Im going in on Monday to get my left leg amputated :stuck_out_tongue:

jonboy:
cant be arsed to search the forums (weve all had a drink calm down) :wink:

i dont want to look a div on monday so can you talk me through a total fools guide to it. all so the scanny opticruise as well.

cheers jon

4 Series Opticruise or R series Opticruise?

JB:
the i-shiftā€¦ start it in neutralā€¦ put it in d for driveā€¦

See, now youā€™ll just be confusing him. It doesnā€™t have a ā€˜D.ā€™

Just do everything JB said but substitute ā€˜Aā€™ for ā€˜D.ā€™ :wink: :smiley:

whoops :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Iv been on one of our Innovate volvos for three weeks and I reckon they are hot snot. whips the arse off our topliners and ya get a decent seating position. Once youve masted the auto box. Try driving it in manual. Its awsome. And dont forget the e/p button P=sport mode!!! and if the computer chucks a strop, you have a ā€˜get ya home settingā€™ button behind the i-shift lever.

Downside is im back on a topline next week :cry: Bad back, cramp in me left leg here I come.

jammymutt:
4 speed reverse i dont know why but it has it you have to be in neutral to select 1-2 r or 3-4 r.

You can go from 1-2 and 3-4 reverse on the move by pressing the up/downshift button, but to go from 2-3 or 3-2 reverse you have to be stationary.

If you are on a steep climb, just press the e/p button behind the lever. This puts it into power mode and holds the gear longe before an up change and changes down sooner.

both, they have 4 series now and getting r series later this month

jon

jonboy:

both, they have 4 series now and getting r series later this month

jon

Well

They are both the same in operation but have different controls,

4 Series Opticruise

You have a small gear lever, with R,N,A,M on it

Start in neutral, You have a clutch pedal, (donā€™t forget this) Dip cluch and put it in A, it usually starts in 3rd or 4th gear depend how its been set, Ans lift the clutch and your off, now the gearbox does it all for you, like i said donā€™t forget the clutch as when you come to the first traffic light you will be used to the auto side of it and just press the brake, cue stalled truck and red faced driver!!!

You can switch between A and M whilst driving if you want to choose the gear, just pull the lever back and you have a + or - on the top of the stick, just ā– ā– ā– ā–  the lever either way for up or down the box,

Reverse is Lift the collar and push it forwards

There is also a hill mode which stops the box changing too soon on a hill and loosing forward speed,

It will rev the engine up on down changes to make the change cleaner, this is normal

Also there will be a an engine brake program button on the floor in the form of a foot switch sticking through the floor mat, stand on this of engine braking, Exhaust brake etc, Really what it does it downchange and you have exhaust brake and engine braking, but you have the normal exhaust brake operation on the peadl as well, (if the AUT) switch is on,

If you get the chance drive a 4 series opticruise before an r series opticruise as, the older version of opticruise will be slow to change, especailly pulling out of junctions and islands, you get going then it will change and it feels like and age before the next gear gets you going again, its something you have to get used to,

R Series Opticruise

This is a 100% improvement on the 4 series one

There is no gear stick now its moved to a stalk on the right hand side of the steering wheel

It also controls the retarder if you have one

The end on the stalk is the selector, Twist it for your N,A,M modes and it think you pull the stalk and twist for reverse,

Pull the stalk towards you for the up gears and push away for down gears in manual mode

I think the hill mode is a button on the stalk now

And you pull the lever down, (as if working windscreen wiper) for the power stages on the retarder (if fitted)

The R series opticruise if faster to change and when I went out in one when the r series came out I was nothing but impressed with it

Just remember the clutch on both types is for starting, stopping and be used for reversing,

Either in Auto or Manual modes you donā€™t need to clutch to change gears, just select the next gear and its all done for you

And there is a dash display to tell you what gear your in,

Hope this helps

Pete :smiley:

With Volvo I-Shift, leave the engine brake stalk in automatic, set the overrun speed using the switch on the end of the stalk while running on cruise.

If you do this, you will not have to touch anything when going down a hill, the engine brake will cut in and out to hold you at your speed.

I-Shift is the best ā€˜manual gearbox with automatic clutchā€™ out there - superb - have fun. :smiley:

cheers people :smiley:

pete superstar :wink:

let you know how i get on , morethen likely drinking coffe and signing risk assessment sheets the first day and going no where near a truck.

jon

Dont forget if you are not in cruise and the retarder is in ā€œAā€ you can simply tap the + or - button on the retarder to activate the overun brake. This allows you to brake manually , lower than the set speed if necessary but if you release the brake, the overrun speed you set wonā€™t be exceeded unless you press the accelerator. When this is activated the brake sign with a + is shown.

So i,ll assume your driving black unitā€™s with big red curtain siderā€™s now :wink:

So i,ll assume your driving black unitā€™s with big red curtain siderā€™s now

amen brother ,just got out in time according to tonights mail . littlewoods will be shut by new years eve :unamused:

jon

Bloody hell , nice christmas for the people left behind then :confused:

paul@midway:
So i,ll assume your driving black unitā€™s with big red curtain siderā€™s now :wink:

You have lost me,

But I am thick!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: