Volvo i shift

just had a call driving a volvo i shift tomorrow any thing i need to no never driven one before ?

Yeah, don’t spend ages trying to start it while the lever is in reverse as one of our agency drivers did last week. He thought the R was P for Park. :unamused: :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

imm asuming you select the gear then cluch to change think its a semi auto sure ill work it out thow cheers

bjd:
imm asuming you select the gear then cluch to change think its a semi auto sure ill work it out thow cheers

No clutch pedal. Just stick it in gear and off you go, it will do all the changes but if you want to change it your self it’s just a matter of flicking a switch on the stick.

cool like that idear cheers coffee ame on hills i asume this is a great site info in abundance cheers

No clutch. Just pull the lever back into A, sit back and relax. To engage reverse, depress the button on the front of the lever as you push it forward into R. Press the button on top of the lever and push forward to fold the stick flat along the seat base. If the lorry is a 12ltr model, watch for the delay when pulling away, takes some getting used to, but the 13ltrs pull away on the button

bjd:
just had a call driving a volvo i shift tomorrow any thing i need to no never driven one before ?

All you need to know is that it is the dugs baws, the rolls royce of auto boxes! Id give my right arm to swap it for my ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ auto daf :imp:

OVLOV JAY:
No clutch. Just pull the lever back into A, sit back and relax. To engage reverse, depress the button on the front of the lever as you push it forward into R. Press the button on top of the lever and push forward to fold the stick flat along the seat base. If the lorry is a 12ltr model, watch for the delay when pulling away, takes some getting used to, but the 13ltrs pull away on the button

My only experience of I-Shift is on Volvo B9R coach which needed a weeks notice to pull away from junctions and roundabouts :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Hopefully I’ll get to see what its like on a 12 litre engine when our first 60 plate coach gets delivered next week :sunglasses:

you didnt read that very well :unamused:

merc0447:

bjd:

All you need to know is that it is the dugs baws, the rolls royce of auto boxes! Id give my right arm to swap it for my piece of [zb] auto daf :imp:

Have a go in an auto Backsore I gurantee you will never complain about your daf ever again, totally un-driveable in auto, the Volvo is the nads no doubt, not just the box the whole package is good, a proper lorry!!!

i drove one on aan assesment Saturday. bloody rubbish, spent half the time waiting for it to do something from a standing start, moving would have been good :angry: if they are the rolls royce of auto’s, im a scania t-cab fan. Manual everytime for me.

its best autobox on the market going up hill push the p button behind the lever it will drop the gear sooner if you want to drive it in manuaul put the lever to m it has a switch on the stick for up and down its only downfull no preselect in manual it wont drop down gears bye its self in manuaul like the rest do it will come up on the dash select lower gear hope this helps :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

merc0447:

bjd:

All you need to know is that it is the dugs baws, the rolls royce of auto boxes! Id give my right arm to swap it for my piece of [zb] auto daf :imp:

i did swap my ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ daf for one :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Like I said in an earlier posting in this thread that I recently drive a Volvo coach with an I-Shift, after everything Ive read on here and in magazines about it I thought it would be the dogs ■■■■■■■■, sadly I was left disappointed… :frowning:

Leave it in auto and let it do the work. After a few miles, you can play around with it when you’re tempted - however, you soon get bored with that & leave it where it’s meant to be; auto.
Finest thing since sliced bread I reckon. Works a treat with the 3 stage exhaust brake in cruise control - you can more or less not touch the throttle or footbrake on a motorway run.
Last tip - don’t floor the throttle when changing up; if you keep the pressure moderate, you’ll see it change up more or less around the top of the green band, and doing block shifting you wouldn’t dream of!

Having driven it for the 1st time today i am greatly impessed it is going to make my life a lot easier 10 out of 10 volvo as always.

DAF95XF:
Like I said in an earlier posting in this thread that I recently drive a Volvo coach with an I-Shift, after everything Ive read on here and in magazines about it I thought it would be the dogs ■■■■■■■■, sadly I was left disappointed… :frowning:

How old was the coach? IIRC there’s a ishift mk1 & 2. change over point 56/07 plate. Basically, see the way the auto box behaved in the renos you drove at ND? The ishift is the exact same as what will be in that 60 plate coach, perfect.

Now after spending a day in it can i keep it pleaseeee

Steve-o:

DAF95XF:

How old was the coach? IIRC there’s a ishift mk1 & 2. change over point 56/07 plate. Basically, see the way the auto box behaved in the renos you drove at ND? The ishift is the exact same as what will be in that 60 plate coach, perfect.

It was an 09 plate, the Renaults were better :open_mouth:

The iShift in our 26t Volvos is fantastic, best auto i’ve driven.

I belive the gearbox in the Renault Premium units is the same under the skin, which would explain why they’re so bloody good too! Makes the Mercs seem clumsy.