I passed Cat C today,point me in the right direction please

Hi all,
Thanks for the help/replies so far from you more experienced guys out there, I appreciate it.
This is my 2nd post…I successfully passed Category C test today down in Plymouth with Torpedo Training. I’m pleased to say I passed 1st time with 6 minor faults. (Passed my car and motorbike test’s 1st time too about 1000 years ago, so 100% record so far !! :smiley: ).
I will be signing myself up for CPC training too asap so I have a bit more to offer a potential employer, plus I will sign up for C&E in the next few days.
Down to business, I NEED A JOB! I will drop my card into local companies using Cat C trucks in Plymouth and hope that my timing is good, but I wondered if anyone knows of any opportunities in the area that I can jump on straight away.
Thanks in advance,
Ian.

:smiley: :smiley:

TALK to those that do the hiring at each company you visit then leave them with your details

ROG is correct. That’s the most effective way of getting work.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Does Any 1 know what happen to automatics rule which was suppose to be coming in January.

Get about to tipper and skip firms. Also try coal land local bulders merchants. If you’re rural try feed mills and the like.

Does Any 1 know what happen to automatics rule which was suppose to be coming in January.

It’s on it’s way but is held up simply because there are not enough lawyers to finalise it - apparently.

I have spoken to “high ups” at the DSA who reckon it will be in during February, March at the latest.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Ian

See my reply on your original post , congratulations , now get a job :laughing:

yas4u:

/
Whats this?

Congrats on passing :slight_smile:

congratulations on the pass

as has been said take your boots gloves and high viz with you and go and see some companies in person they may need someone to fill in there and then and if your able to go straight away might be lucky and someone has just called in sick and they need a delivery out straight away :bulb:

Jennie:
congratulations on the pass

as has been said take your boots gloves and high viz with you and go and see some companies in person they may need someone to fill in there and then and if your able to go straight away might be lucky and someone has just called in sick and they need a delivery out straight away :bulb:

Does this still happen in today’s society? Surely all paperwork, bank details etc would need to be finalised before any company hands over 20k plus worth of truck to a total stranger who’s just walked off the street :confused: