I am looking for work pls help

i have 4 years exp driving hgv from multi to long haul and am looking to do continental driving. i am in croydon anyone out there that can help■■?

why don’t you try joining an agency in croydon,might get start that way. good luck :slight_smile:

but i have been driving for 4 years on hgv and am currently driving a car transporter mate and tryed and tested the agencies. :laughing:

Lopy apparently in your area there is a massive driver shortage so you should have absoluely noproblems finding work in your area.

As for continental work ,WHY?.

there is a shortage but they pay crap mate and i fancy doing abit of the overseas work!!!

Hi loopy,
only firm fairly near to you that I can think of is Cranleigh Freight Services - Tel. 01483 271271
Web Site: www.cranleigh.co.uk
The main problem is that the British share of the European Transport industry is deminishing with every day that passes, fewer and fewer of our firms can compete due to costs, etc.
When our government were warned of this years ago, as usual they chose to ignore the facts and dismiss the warnings as ‘scaremongering’ :imp:

How about Airfreight firms around Gatwick (or Heathrow?) :sunglasses:

Loopy as Deesider said try CFS I worked for them 10 years ago and they were more than fair.

Cheers Clint

Clint T, shouldn’t that pick-up been fitted with an STGO3 badge ? :smiley:

Loopy, I presume you mean Croydon in South London?

Try Europa over at Erith, sometimes give people a start, they are only 40 minutes away.

Around Croydon try a guy who goes by the name of KBM international. (or used to) He used to run green units and tilts out of the truck park on the Purley Way, near Toys Are Us. From what I heard though you should be prepared to be “flexible” with your attitude to drivers hours :unamused:

Another O/D is GSA International, he`s a decent bloke, based in the Croydon area, who sometimes might need a relief driver on a casual basis but it would be a start.

Solstor (South London Storage Company) used to be over Charlton/Woolwich way but may have moved. They run fridges down to Spain and Italy.Did a run for them once and once only, (Ravenna to South London in one hit is not big and its not clever!!), but they may have changed.

How about Edwin Shirleys just through the Blackwall tunnel, they are seasonal but if you can get a start then the options are wide open and you WILL be away when they get busy!!

Chuck enough gear to be away for a week or so in a bag (plus your passport!!) and jump in the car and go down to the Dover area and start banging on some doors and getting your face know, it used to work for me.

If you really want it you will have to find it but the work is out there. Good luck.

Bullitt.