Hurricane Katia

Will hit our shores on Monday 80mph winds expected over central Scotland and parts of Northern Ireland and ■■■■■■■■

So expect the Forth and Erskine both to be closed and hold on to your hats at Jnt 44-45 M6 :laughing:

Who remembers their first seriously windy day in a empty curtainsider? I came home pure white as a sheet with blisters on my hand i was holding on so tight :laughing:

Bugger tipping Dunfermline Monday morning then back to brum empty with a double decker :frowning:

russell2587:
Bugger tipping Dunfermline Monday morning then back to brum empty with a double decker :frowning:

Antibes seems like such a long time ago now! :laughing:

44 Tonne Ton:

russell2587:

Antibes seems like such a long time ago now! :laughing:

The other driver in the yard this morning was off to Metz, he said there was nothing I could do to get him to swap. Had a couple of weekends in the south of France since Antibes trip but take pushbike now as it nearly killed me walking to the beach on the first trip.

Having 45 at tebay an it’s starting to blow a bit, it’s been a tail wind so far hope it stays that way

A mate of mine is bound to Aughinish in Ireland from Blythe on a 13000+ ton ship, the Arklow Wind (very apt name!!) and was saying he may have to go to shelter, on a ship that size?? must be going to be bad !!
Safe sailin lads (and lasses)

Slightly further south, but, Felixstowe docks has a weather warning on for monday morning 12.9.11 from 0100 to 1500. Happy ■■■■■■■ days. :unamused:

Class 2 test in Sheffield at 3pm, hope it’s calming down a bit by then, could do without the weather being an added issue to worry about!!

peak_46:
Class 2 test in Sheffield at 3pm, hope it’s calming down a bit by then, could do without the weather being an added issue to worry about!!

Probably gonna be its strongest around teatime :frowning: Wind around 25mph, gusting up to 50mph).

I think I’ve made the right decision to move my ferry crossing 24hrs early then
Was supposed to be on the 14.45 Portsmouth/Caen on Monday. Rough seas don’t affect me but hate it when others are turning a funny shade of green all around me :grimacing:

Better that way, more room at the bar and restaurants but bit slippy in the loos :slight_smile:

peak_46:

Good luck with the test, and if you`re worried about the wind lay off the chips,mushy peas and curry sauce.

Goaty:
Slightly further south, but, Felixstowe docks has a weather warning on for monday morning 12.9.11 from 0100 to 1500. Happy [zb] days. :unamused:

That’s this week’s profit gone then. :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Goaty:
Slightly further south, but, Felixstowe docks has a weather warning on for monday morning 12.9.11 from 0100 to 1500. Happy [zb] days. :unamused:

If somebody ■■■■■ in Bristol,Felixstowe shuts down :slight_smile:

Suedehead:

Goaty:

If somebody ■■■■■ in Bristol,Felixstowe shuts down :slight_smile:

Too true.

Glad to be on hourly / guarenteed wages again now, back when I was on day rate / self employed, I ended up with 2 days down there with no pay due to them closing the docks because of the weather.

Already got Mondays box on, but should be an easy couple of days after that I think.

Rob K:

Goaty:

That’s this week’s profit gone then. :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

S’pose it’ll give me time to count last months mars bars! :grimacing:

I’m only responding to give you your 11,000th!

Goaty:

Rob K:

Goaty:

S’pose it’ll give me time to count last months mars bars! :grimacing:

I’m only responding to give you your 11,000th!

quality :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

wind speed and direction as at 1240 today, bigger the arrow stronger the wind

Well that explains why a pair of my boxers is on top of the conservatory :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

and a pair of the wifes knickers have brought down 3 lamp posts :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Twas friggin windy just south of gretna this morning, there was a van that had its trailer over on the exposed bit. Just about to leave kinross services its got worse here since I started a 45, might just stop at Arbroath tonight in our yard.
Thats if i get there not tempting fait!