A wee bit windy on monday

metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ … nings.html

:frowning: :astonished:

Im going to stick my neck out ive never seen anything like it. Dug my heels into the ground and said i wasnt coming back empty so i got diverted to cupar for a load which i had to wait 4 hours for. In total i was roughly 30 ton and i was getting rag dolled. Going over the clack bridge is up there as the most scariest moments of my life and usually that isnt a bad bridge for wind. :imp:

It said they where expecting 50mph winds but on the news just there it says it topping 80mph :open_mouth:

Felixstowes’ shut then!!! Could be tomorrow if its too sunny!!

im glad i wasnt working today, was working on my track car…gave up after about half an hour of being blown about and loosing tools.

the forth bridge is shut, theres an overturned truck on the m9 northbound after newbridge.

brilliant (Y)

The tree outside my flat is a goner

The forth road bridge is apparently closed to cars aswell :astonished:

gogzy:
im glad i wasnt working today, was working on my track car…gave up after about half an hour of being blown about and loosing tools.

the forth bridge is shut, theres an overturned truck on the m9 northbound after newbridge.

brilliant (Y)

Guy a share a truck ith on nights is saying all the drivers have refused to go out, i might not have a load for tomorrow, hope so as i got a stinker of a run :slight_smile:

being honest i dont blame them for not going out, there is alot of routes closed due to winds, its basically impossible to get from edinburgh to fife right now.

i just hope the weathers fine 2moro, i gotta get the brakes done on my car for the weekend and it goes in for other work on wednesday lol

And today I got the delight of driving a Luton box van :frowning: The heaviest load was 16 radiators and even that pallet had to be broken down anyway :frowning: The Hiab drivers in the depot reckoned it wasn’t much of a problem for them :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: oddly enough. Still, survived :wink: Just drove slower :sunglasses:

I got over the forth bridge with na bother about 12 then went into kinross dump for a 45. When I pulled out wind had got alot worse and they had closed forth bridge tay bridge and friaton was to high siders. I was tipping in Perth anyhow so went through Perth dodging bins and tree branchs. Along the 94 to Forfar was a bit better but there was debris everywhere mainly trees. Then to Arbroath now alot lighter and that last 15 miles was ■■■■ clenching stuff, pulled into our yard tipped and called it a day.
Went for a wander dow sea front and jesus you could hardly stand up, cabs still rocking as I type and thats just the wind causing that lol.

forth bridge shut at 4pm to everything

crap down here as well done hatfield 24 ton on fine back empty to rotherham not nice sucked me piles back up :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

had my 1st day out in an artic since i passed my test back in november last year, had a run from goole to runcorn, and i was sent out in a double deck curtain sider fully loaded about 43t, was 44.5t til we got it weighed and had a couple of pallets taken off.

goin over the pennines i was nervous, i dont mind admitting my arse was twitching lol, passed one curtainsider who had his roof blown off.

i run back from runcorn empty, but had to divert of the m62 as a truck had gone over around junc24, i come off at junc 20, down the a627, then a62 toward huddersfield and upto the m62 again, would that have been the best oute around it??

dreva:
crap down here as well done hatfield 24 ton on fine back empty to rotherham not nice sucked me piles back up :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Kin quality :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

pic of one of two trailers that were put on their ribs in the yard today …

skoowif:
Felixstowes’ shut then!!! Could be tomorrow if its too sunny!!

not for long it wasnt…only when the container lorry went a bit to fast on the dock spur road and fell over…surprising isnt it felix is only closed due to high wind tuesday to friday midday if its to windy…never closed friday afternoon or monday morning

One of ours went over in East Kilbride, driver ok so is the unit barely a scratch on it :open_mouth: but the trailer looks a write off sitting in our yard the whole chassis looks twisted, The frame is mangled the roof looks as if its had a giant tin opener on it…

On the news just there it says 2 people died with trees landing on cars and a DR Macload driver is in intensive care :cry: Winds topped 100 mph

dreva:

So, the old saying about an ill wind doesn’t apply to you then! Just don’t get your tubes of Preparation H & Deep Heat mixed up. :laughing: