Strong winds!

Lorries blown over this morning on M74, M6, M9, A64, A1, A726.

You always know it’s going to happen, just hopefully not to you.

Kinda glad that Im still struggling to find a job when the weather is like this!
Blowin’ a firkin hooley here in Sth Lincs!!! :open_mouth:

Stay safe out there, those that have to be out in it

boss rang me this morning and told me to stay in house until wind drops. being near glasgow that could be a while! take care all the drivers out in this usuall january weather.

Winds strong enough to blow down buildings? This is in milgavie outside glasgow

Pleased I booked extra holls now, off unti monday :sunglasses:

Going out with a 16ft tautliner later on…should be fun!

I am glad I am on the tankers but have anyone ever heard of one blown over l haven’y

Coming down Shap earlier this morning I saw some poor Royal Mail driver had been blown off the road just before Tebay - I hope he was alright

Truck on its side on A34 just south of Oxford

I was gonna light our fire, but its blowing back down the chimney, so i’ll give it a miss for today. And I’m on the log run to Chirk tonight so the wind shouldn’t bother me too much… But for everyone else, take care, If you think its getting too much, go and have a break and tell your boss why…

Looked like one had gone over on the a64 on the outskirts Scarborough.

Stevie

JamieR85 spotted…http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2500820047547&set=o.157477004296321&type=1&theater

M5 Highbridge this morning…
One of Chelston’s clapped out units has the roof blown off!

co-op1.jpg

co-op2.jpg

merc0447:

Were you down looking for autographs at murray park? :wink:

jim1970:

merc0447:

Were you down looking for autographs at murray park? :wink:

Hehee no quite that picture is from one of the youth squad. One of our bellshill guys went over today big ian he is in hospital think he is ok another one of our guys has pulled the curtains at tesco alloa having 9 hours.

The other month i was at musselburgh in hurricane bawbag just pulled the pin and left the trailer company was raging but am i ■■■■ overnighting :laughing:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-16392381

Some phenomenal pictures.

I had to stop and pull over in the car it was that bad, Couldn’t see anything out of the windows. The scooter on the other hand, well talk about ■■■■■■■■ myself :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

switchlogic:
Truck on its side on A34 just south of Oxford

Yeah i passed that one aswell.

I an 3 others left Huddersfield for Bothwell, all pulling 16 foot double deck trailers this morning at 5am. We encountered our first one over on the bridge across the Eden at Carlisle, and then joy of joys, the 74 was shut between 13 and 7, forcing us to go up past the Red Moss on the old road, and the same on the return.

We all had to be rescued as we were all close to our 10 hours at Birch on the M62.

And we have the same tomorrow as well.

Ken.