Hurricane Katia

It’s a windy and sunny in Newcastle at the moment

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.001800,-1.675488

russell2587:
Bugger tipping Dunfermline Monday morning then back to brum empty with a double decker :frowning:

DD’s don’t usually blow over so all you need to worry about is getting colour back in your hands :laughing:

teesport been winded off since 1130am probably not opening back up until the morning

ajt:

russell2587:
Bugger tipping Dunfermline Monday morning then back to brum empty with a double decker :frowning:

DD’s don’t usually blow over so all you need to worry about is getting colour back in your hands :laughing:

I’m having a 45 in Lancaster services so hopefully past the worst, I would say that map was spot on, had a few but clenching moments south of shap,

just landed at b/ham airport,1st time on a plane never again :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :cry: :cry: :exclamation:

Wasn’t as bad as that wind a few month ago think it was April or May, i was getting ragdolled today but i didnt feel in any danger like i did a few month ago.

merc0447:
Wasn’t as bad as that wind a few month ago think it was April or May, i was getting ragdolled today but i didnt feel in any danger like i did a few month ago.

It was a bit earlier than that, I was still at Maritime, start of March I think.

I’ve got a box on now for Seaforth and gotta get tomorrows box out of there, I know it’s shut today, so my vbs (lol) is for the morning, what do you think the chances are that it’ll open, or shall I just save my sleep until I get there? :question:

Just come down from Montrose to Lancaster with 28t of Pulp and the truck was still bouncing around like a cork in a bucket.

I’m sure it was worse at Tebay last week. It was raining and blowing so hard rain was getting inside the cab.

It made me think of the real drivers who used to grind over the old Shap in their old knockers with two coats on and blanket on their knees in just the same weather. Just to drag their soaking sheets off to tip their load the next day.Respect…

The worst I had to do today was click the retarder to slow down a bit and drop half a cog on a steep bit. Sometimes I am actually tempted to think Transport has progressed.

W

was the taut that was in ditch at side of A1 just south of newark blown off road or had he run off ,another driver was on about lincoln way,one over,off road,i passed one onA1 going south and it was windy but didnt think it was bad enough to blow truck of carriage way

waynedl:

merc0447:

It was a bit earlier than that, I was still at Maritime, start of March I think.

I’ve got a box on now for Seaforth and gotta get tomorrows box out of there, I know it’s shut today, so my vbs (lol) is for the morning, what do you think the chances are that it’ll open, or shall I just save my sleep until I get there? :question:

It’ll be fine Wayne…

Oh, cool, thanks Wayne.

Aparantly they didn’t shut at all, not that it’d have mattered much, my planner hadn’t booked the box in, so had to wait for him to get in to get box off anyway :unamused: