Hull agencies?

Hi all,
Unfortunately I’m a new addition to the ranks of the unemployed :frowning:
Having been with my last employer for 7 years I’m sadly out of touch with the jobs situation in the Hull/East Yorkshire area, can anyone please tell me if there’s any agencies to avoid or whatever. Any advice would be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance,
Citman.
P.S. I have class 2 licence.

you have to get used to drivers treating you like a lepper

Citman:
Hi all,
Unfortunately I’m a new addition to the ranks of the unemployed :frowning:
Having been with my last employer for 7 years I’m sadly out of touch with the jobs situation in the Hull/East Yorkshire area, can anyone please tell me if there’s any agencies to avoid or whatever. Any advice would be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance,
Citman.
P.S. I have class 2 licence.

Jark - treat you OK but not masses of work. Most of it is out of Hull, mainly towards Goole, but as a result it pays better.
Prestige - have a lot of work but most of it is in Hull so pays ■■■■ all.
Best Connections - lots of promises and ■■■■■■■■ about rates.
Protemp/Right4staff or whatever they’re called this week - see Best Connections. Also had to publicly embarrass them on here to get my holiday pay.
Manpower - like signing people up but have little work.
Driverhire - nice to deal with, rates not the best but good clients, about average amount of work.

stag10:
you have to get used to drivers treating you like a lepper

That must be because you’re crap or, like quite a few agency drivers I’ve come across, dress and stink like a tramp. I’ve never found that.

Conor:
Jark - treat you OK but not masses of work. Most of it is out of Hull, mainly towards Goole, but as a result it pays better.
Prestige - have a lot of work but most of it is in Hull so pays [zb] all.
Best Connections - lots of promises and [zb] about rates.
Protemp/Right4staff or whatever they’re called this week - see Best Connections. Also had to publicly embarrass them on here to get my holiday pay.
Manpower - like signing people up but have little work.
Driverhire - nice to deal with, rates not the best but good clients, about average amount of work.

Don’t know about the others, but Driver Hire have been useless to me, not a peep in 8 months. Even though “new” jobs keep appearing on their site. And Best Connection have been good to me, 2 straight weeks on job and finish driving a 15 tonner for £9 per hour, minimum 8 hours. I also do the somerfield work through them and get £8.50 days, £10.50 nights, £11.50 Sat, £12.50 Sun, £15 BH. Their day runs from 6 till 6 so starting at 4 give me 2 hours at 10.50 then the rest at 8.50. Not bad at all. Just not enough of it, but that’s the same all round at the moment. I got 12.75 paid hours in yesterday, but nowt today or tomorrow.
Maybe I get decent work coz I’m not a leper. In fact the agency bloke phoned me up one day when I was on the job and finish work, and asked me what I had said to the boss of the firm I was working for, coz apparently, “he thinks the sun shines out of your arse”. Maybe it was because I was the first driver to take the time to clean the mirrors and check the tyres, none of the permanent ones ever did it.

Conor:
In fact the agency bloke phoned me up one day when I was on the job and finish work, and asked me what I had said to the boss of the firm I was working for, coz apparently,

your one of their best drivers and they have asked for you toby name lol

[/quote]

[/quote]
your one of their best drivers and they have asked for you toby name lol
[/quote]
Ask the agency if that means they’ll pay a bit more for quality, “Er…I’ll get back to you on that”. :laughing:

£9 an hour for a 15 tonner is alright by me. Especially on job and finish with guaranteed 8 hours money. Some days we only did 5 hours. And I only live 3 miles from the yard. :smiley: In fact one day, I went out with the boss in a sprinter van, and he did most of the driving ! This was delivering flat pack stuff for Wickes BTW.

I signed up with The Best Connection in Hull in November as I was very short of work and so far they have been pretty good. The money isn’t great but that’s at least in part as they are about the cheapest so they seem to have a reasonable amount of work and they’ve certainly filled some of the gaps in my year so far. I’m sorted with direct work now until October but once that dries up I’ll happily go back to them if they have anything going.

Paul