I Need New Agencies Please!

Its been a bit quiet with the 2 agencies I’m currently with.
The main ESL contract I worked with in Cannock has gone to DHL with a different agency supplier.
My Hull agency has bits and drabs but, as my other posts show, I am prone to being cancelled often without being told.

Can anybody with any up to date knowledge suggest the best agencies to get in contact with both in terms of quantity of, and pay rates for weekend work.

The area I am prepared to travel to work is from Hull down the M1 corridor as far as Northampton, then up the M6 corridor to Manchester, and back across the M62 to Hull. Anywhere within that outer perimeter is fine.

I stress it is weekend work I’m after.

The reason I am asking here for info is that I do not have the time to go speculatively driving across such a huge region registering with loads of cowboy agencies who are full of false promises.
I am trying to take a more targeted approach based on what actual work is out there.

Thanks in advance.
Mark

A very good reason to get a full time job, all agencies are bad for drivers, they rip you off by aying crap wages with no benefits whilst charging a small fortune for your services to the company they send you to, then drop you like a stone when they do’t need you. It may seem hard but look as hard as you can for a proper job and everyone should leave the rip off agencies to die.

Or … Go self employed freelance, charge a bit less that the agencies that have dumped you and take the work away from them for good… It’s easier than you think.

Pat Hasler:
A very good reason to get a full time job, all agencies are bad for drivers, they rip you off by aying crap wages with no benefits whilst charging a small fortune for your services to the company they send you to, then drop you like a stone when they do’t need you. It may seem hard but look as hard as you can for a proper job and everyone should leave the rip off agencies to die.

Sadly I am not in a position to get a fulltime job.
I am a single parent with 2 kids aged 5 and 3.
Even if I could find a flexible child minder I doubt they would want the kids at 3am for my 4am start, nor would it be fair on the kids being at a childminders for up to 15 hours a day.

I HAVE to get my shifts in on the 3 weekends each month that they visit their Mum. No choice in that, so agency is my only option.

Pat Hasler:
Or … Go self employed freelance, charge a bit less that the agencies that have dumped you and take the work away from them for good… It’s easier than you think.

I’ve looked into that and it wouldn’t be appropriate for my specific individual circumstances.

coreysboys:

Pat Hasler:

I’ve looked into that and it wouldn’t be appropriate for my specific individual circumstances.

Then I really sympathise with you my friend. I will say this though. During my last 3 years in the UK I had 3 months off every year due to show work dropping off, although I was paid the whole time I still got bored on odd occasions and did set my self up doing freelance and self employed as a second job, I was also a single parent for most of that time, I found it better than working for some agency because I could actually choose where and when I worked without being pushed by some guy sitting behind a desk who didn’t give a toss about me or my kids.
Look into it, you may be suprised :slight_smile:

Pat Hasler:

coreysboys:

Pat Hasler:

Then I really sympathise with you my friend. I will say this though. During my last 3 years in the UK I had 3 months off every year due to show work dropping off, although I was paid the whole time I still got bored on odd occasions and did set my self up doing freelance and self employed as a second job, I was also a single parent for most of that time, I found it better than working for some agency because I could actually choose where and when I worked without being pushed by some guy sitting behind a desk who didn’t give a toss about me or my kids.
Look into it, you may be suprised :slight_smile:

Its more about Housing Benefit and alike Pat.
At the moment they take 45p per mile off my net earnings to get my income. If I do 2 x £150 shifts in the Midlands this equates to £270 of deduction. So they calculate Benefits and tax credits etc on a wage of £30.

If I go Self Employed they would use my actual expenditure on diesel which would be around £60. So I would be assessed on £240.

I know there are other things I could deduct as Self Employed, but I doubt they would add up to what the 45p per mile gives me.

coreysboys:
The main ESL contract I worked with in Cannock has gone to DHL with a different agency supplier.

I`m guessing the contract is the Unilever contract, & the the new agency supplier is Milestone

peirre:

coreysboys:

I`m guessing the contract is the Unilever contract, & the the new agency supplier is Milestone

Thanks Peirre. :slight_smile:

Hi Mark

I do weekends only. Had my first run out this year last Friday night with ‘Backache’ Worcester. I am south of Brum area.

If you see any we work give us the nod? I will let you know if I see anything.

Thanks SD

Sure thing SD

Mark

Just called Temp Staff regarding their advert for ‘South Birmingham’

Turns out to be DHL Hams Hall. I said is that South Birmingham?

He said he hadn’t put a compass on it but would say so!

Need to register with them in Jewellery Quarter in Bham and then have assessment

Says he has weekend work

SD

coreysboys:
My Hull agency has bits and drabs but, as my other posts show, I am prone to being cancelled often without being told.

Can anybody with any up to date knowledge suggest the best agencies to get in contact with both in terms of quantity of, and pay rates for weekend work.

The area I am prepared to travel to work is from Hull down the M1 corridor as far as Northampton, then up the M6 corridor to Manchester, and back across the M62 to Hull. Anywhere within that outer perimeter is fine.

The reason I am asking here for info is that I do not have the time to go speculatively driving across such a huge region registering with loads of cowboy agencies who are full of false promises.
I am trying to take a more targeted approach based on what actual work is out there.
i think if you agree travel this mile to work -try aply to ADR NETWORK. they have some contract at Bradford,Coop at Alfreton,NFT (Alfreton ,Crick)and much more.try Fish recruitment(Rugby).they will be main agency for Stobart(General) in Crick

Thanks in advance.
Mark

coreysboys:

Pat Hasler:

Sadly I am not in a position to get a fulltime job.
I am a single parent with 2 kids aged 5 and 3.
Even if I could find a flexible child minder I doubt they would want the kids at 3am for my 4am start, nor would it be fair on the kids being at a childminders for up to 15 hours a day.

I HAVE to get my shifts in on the 3 weekends each month that they visit their Mum. No choice in that, so agency is my only option.

You’ve got no chance kid. With the exception of the really crappy work that no-one wants to do, all the weekend work goes to their regular blue-eyed boys.

Also, you’re willing to try from Hull to Northampton for a shift? Are you off your [zb] rocker? :open_mouth:

The area I am prepared to travel to work is from Hull down the M1 corridor as far as Northampton

coreysboys:

peirre:

coreysboys:

Thanks Peirre. :slight_smile:

what Stobart not work any more in Cannock Unilever.or just change agency

Stobbies no longer operate Unilever out of Cannock.
DHL took it back.
SD thanks for the heads up. The problem with DHL work is this assessment thing. They don’t do them at weekends and I can only do during the week when the school hols are on.
I wasn’t successful setting anything up this week but I got a couple of shifts at Great Bear through my current agy, Go Direct.
Great bunch of people and 100% honest with me, but Unilever was my main source of work with them and now that’s dried up weekends have been slow.

BTW that 2 day weekend run I was booked on and when I turned up had been cancelled with my Hull agency…well I finally got £40 today for my troubles…but they managed to short me 3/4 hour from a shift last Saturday on the same payslip!!

Driver Hire.

But don’t expect to lick all the cream as soon as you start.

Google : Driver Hire (+ the town you want.)

AFAIK DHL have taken over all the unilever sites formally run by Stobbies inc the Unilever place at Trax park Doncaster, they even TUPEd the Stobbies drivers over to DHL. Though I have some contact with people within Milestone agy, I now do know which office is in charge of Cannock as Ive enquired

you have PM

coreysboys:

Thanks in advance.
Mark

Give Polaris recruitment a call they are in Salford , speak to Wayne he’s a consultant there,
they have work all over the place ■■ Might be worth a call ■■
I did some work for them last year out of Yorkshire… wont name the company
But i was clean trunking work and the pay was very good?? :slight_smile:

Baileys employment services head office Melksham Wiltshire but have an office up north.