Hull Advice

Obviously not advice on the city, we all know it’s a bit s***. :wink:

I’ve been unemployed for about 3 months, due to my manager being a prick. Long story short, I was working as a customer service/warehouse/bit of everything at a national retailer for several years. You’d get the paperwork all nice and neat for the driver and they’d just crush it into a ball and lob it in the back. :laughing:

Anyway, I’ve been thinking about taking my Cat C/Class 2/whatever it’s called this week. Ideally Cat C+E, but no-one would ever give me that job with zero experience?
Getting my Cat C costs around £1200? (Parrot training do Cat C + E + CPC for £1994)

My questions is, is there work out there for some random no-experience driver? No point having a licence if no-one wants me.

Thanks, Adam in sunny Hull.

Newbies are now getting jobs but you have to go and knock on some local hauliers doors to find out what its like in your area

Just remember that every driver on the road was once a newbie. Without exception, they all got a start somewhere. It’s a million miles from impossible.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Lots of places in Hull and over the bridge at Immingham and Grimsby. Hell, I had less than 6 months and a very large company in Immingham took my on as a Class 2 driver.

Ive been looking on various job websites, none of the class 2 jobs say ‘experience needed.’

There appears to be the agency work, which seems frown upon on here.

I got a class 1 job with a biggish company, without having sat in an artic since the examiner said “I’m pleased to say you have passed”

First job I applied for, it wasn’t even fresh in my mind, as I’d been relatively content in my old class 2 job. So did 3 years for them.

PandyDandy:
Ive been looking on various job websites, none of the class 2 jobs say ‘experience needed.’

There appears to be the agency work, which seems frown upon on here.

Don’t bother with job sites. Get your skates on and hit the estates. Just in Immingham and surrounding areas you have David Fox, DFDS, East Trans, Handtrans, John Reed, Immingham Transport, DSV etc. I actually got my job from a user on here who told me that this company was desperate for drivers. I rolled up looking smartish, spoke to the TM, weeks later I’m driving a 26 tonner and this is with a little under 6 months of on-off agency work doing mostly 7.5t work.

I’m from Hull, and when I passed my cat c when I was 22 I got a job straight away with a tool hire firm, believe me they is plenty of jobs around here, I did my cat c with welwyn and c+e with tir training in beverley.

If you go class one I’d use tir training, parrot use wagon and drag and welwyn do mainly. They is loads of companies that take on new drivers’ might not be the best pay etc but you have to start somewhere. Give us a shout if you need advice or out

I had my medical today… that was not a medical, the ‘doctor’ ate a carrot, complained about the Romanians in the NHS and said I was fat.

Also I can’t fall asleep driving down the m6.

Nothing wrong with Welwyn they do have a artic as it’s what I passed in, I was going with tir myself at first but didn’t like the fact their instructors wasn’t full time there, also have a look at go lgv in brands burton smashing bloke there.
There’s a couple of firms that take on newbies in Hull two of my pals got a start with Eurovision, money is ■■■■ £99 per day but it’s a foot in the door and a start to gain experience