how many ....

of us have done this :unamused:

ooopppsss

its happened to me on two occasions once with index catelogues and the other with 500 slate floor tiles. i hate tail lifts :smiling_imp:

I like the look he gave and the little stroll inside the truck after it happened :unamused:

Anyway, he got it off the lorry - SIGN HERE MATE :exclamation: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not yet :smiley:

Have to admit It’s come too close for comfort a couple of times though :blush:

its going to take him a long time to restack it at that speed !DRIVER IS REQUIRED TO SPLIT DOWN LOAD!! (not on the road though)

ROG:
I like the look he gave and the little stroll inside the truck after it happened :unamused:

Anyway, he got it off the lorry - SIGN HERE MATE :exclamation: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thank heavens i do not have to
do that type of work.

I have a question why has no one
come up with SAFETY -Barrier
made of steeel which would
inhibit such occurences??
it could then used as and
when required, some thing
on the lines of those used to
hold back spectators on a streer
only in a much smaller form??

Definately a Hamlet cigar moment :slight_smile:

brit pete:
do that type of work.

When I did cage work the tail lift had hinged barriers about 1 foot tall that ecompassed the area and once the lift was flat on the ground these were used as the ramps.

at least im not the only one, i had 2 cages full of commercial windscreens go over this morning,glass everywhere :imp:

Afternoon Folks,
Must have been his last drop!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Regards Smokinbarrels :smiley:

…there but for the grace of God…ROFL 9

I had a a dolly of milk break loose and roll off the tail lift, it went clean over the stops.

All I could do was watch from inside as I was surrounded by empties.

It was my first ever shift on my own, on a Saturday night in South London.

Ha!

I did it once with confidential waste on a windy day! I was loading it onto a truck at this large accountants place and they started flapping and shouting so walked off and left them to run after it and pick everything up!

My defense was that the cages was overloaded as I could barely move them. They told me on site that its usualy two full time drivers doing the job until they thought one agency driver could do it!

Needless to say, Ive not done that job since then - It was an agency job anyway!

Yes I’ve been there.

I had a delivery of glass insulators to London Underground once. We had only just got a truck with a taillift and I was still learning… I arrived at the drop and was told the FLT was over the other side of the depot and they didn’t know how long before he returned. So I got the taillift out and was wheeling the first crate to the back. Gravity took over and the crate shot off the back. (That minute slope wasn’t so minute after all :frowning: )

With a crash the crate landed like in the video, but at least no insulators were broken and I got a clean signature. The forklift then arrived (Perhaps he heard the crash over the way!) so I needn’t have bothered :frowning:

Calv

ROG:

brit pete:
do that type of work.

When I did cage work the tail lift had hinged barriers about 1 foot tall that ecompassed the area and once the lift was flat on the ground these were used as the ramps.

there are several different types of kick flap designs used on tail lifts
unfortunately if you have 1m x 1.2 m chep pallets
its not possible to use the kick flaps on a tail lift where they are an intergral part of the “platform” of the tail lift, and not on the external perimeter of it.
no doubt limestone cowboy knows this kind as these are the type used by Wilkinsons for store deliveries, luckily each store is supposed to have a handrail that drops into 2 holes of the platform. the intergral ones are a real PIA to put into the down position once the pallet is on the tail lift, as it leaves no room to move the pallet out of the way, when the tail lift is on the floor
This leaves you with 2 options;

1. pick the pallet up “longways” either with the handle towards the back edge of the tail lift, run the pallet slowly to the edge and let the wheels slowly drop over the edge and the whole of the pallet should sit on the tail lift with the wheels and handle hanging over the edge, this allows the pallet to be ready to come off as soon as the tail lift is lowered, ideal if store staff are on the ground and you stay in the back.
  2. run the pallet onto the lift and turn sideways up against the handrail so the pallet is across the width of the truck. it doesn`t really matter wether you lift the pallet from the long or wide end this way

I prefer method 2.
but setting both the hight of the suspension, and getting the hight of the tail lift right in releation to the back edge of the trailer are important, as there nothing worse than dragging a heavey pallet up hill off a trailer, only to find the pallet truck wheels caught in a gap between the tail lift & trailer.

I wouldnt recomend trying to lift 2 pallets at once either, especially if theyre compost … as this will bust hydraulic hoses, and the tail lift (tilt) will drop to the floor, especially at Clowne. :blush: :blush:

Before anyone asks, I have only dropped roll cages off the end of a raised tail lift :blush:

im not surprised it fell off… he was making a right meal of it getting it on the taillift in the first place. i was losing the will to live watching that.

have never done tail lift work, although 1 day after loading in dairy crest in nuneaton, with a 20’ft in the loadin posistion i pulled nice n gently off the bay to hear a nice big tumble of freshly made i cnt believe its not butter more like (i cnt believe that had jus happened) all over the floor needless to say the loaders wernt best pleased !!

one of ours was telling me he got to back of fridge[ not tail lift ], droped the 6 ft high pallet of chicken legs, pallet went and out the back went all them chicken legs.
asked him what he did and he said he just asked forkie if he could sign delivery notes so he could get off as he was in a rush :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .cheeky zb

Unfortuantlly it happens far to offten in our work, but then again there is 27 , six wheelers delivering to shops/schools etc , so the law of averages says it has to happen !
Think the worst one was when some guy parked tight beside one of our trucks only to come out the shop to find a full pallet of drink on TOP OF HIS CAR !
right of the tail lift and landed on top of his car ! (ins wrote car off) :blush:

i did that to a full pallet load of eggs when i did agency 5 years ago for a egg farm…I never worked there after that :smiley: and i dropped a pallet of whisky off the back of a truck…and lets not go there of the wine through the curtains on a roundabout :blush: