How Many Agency's?

Just a quick one, off round to look at agencys and sign up next week!!! How many agencies is it worth me signing up with?? and as a side note whats it worth buying workwear wise when going with agencys?

thanks all

Dave

DaveRichards:
Just a quick one, off round to look at agencys and sign up next week!!! How many agencies is it worth me signing up with?? and as a side note whats it worth buying workwear wise when going with agencys?

thanks all

Dave

Sign up with all of 'em, every hour you’re not working you should be either talking to an agency or knocking on doors, stop only when someone offers you a job.

It works, trust me.

When/if the work starts coming in you’ll soon be able to suss out who’s worth working with & who’s taking the michael, untill then your inexperience will shine out like a full moon & unless you possess more than the average drivers wits you’re gonna be took advantage of.

Gearwise, toe cap boots, Hi-Viz & gloves are the minimum. I find that if anything else PPE wise is required then the client is happy to provide it.

Hi Dave
like Chas says mate sign with as many as you can you will soon know who to stay with and who to avoid
im with 4 … but still spend every spare HR on the net job search engines … :laughing: just in case that dream job pops up :laughing: As for Work gear well that all depends on what your doing mate and if your going to be on nights away jobs .I have :: Maps//Gloves //Safty Boots / Hi vis vests / Waterproofs / Hard hat // Torch // Sat nav // Safty Glasses // OH and a flask :wink: I think thats the basic neads and they live in the boot of my car … but if you are doing nights away then its Sleeping bag // Small gas ring //kettle //Pan // 7’’ TV // …Snack bars /// Soap // towel // toothpaste - brush // change of clothes underware socks ect ///all these sit in a sports bag in the hallway just in case I get a call … :laughing:

Thanks guys that’s really helpfull! In terms of work trousers and tops I’m assuming I have to provide these myself, I’m thinking smart combat style work trousers and polo tops is that about right?