How many are you with?

I’m currently registered with five agencies down here in Plymouth. How many are you guys and girls registered with?

Also what do you do if say you’ve been given work for Monday and another agency calls not long after and offers you something you’d prefer to do on the same day, but you’ve accepted the 1st offer?
I had this situation today but stayed loyal to the 1st offer I had.

What’s the implications for being under multiple agencies?

Rule number one in my book is look after number one mate… BUT, If I commit to a time and place from one agency, I will stick to it. Last thing you should do is pee them off

andy_s:
Rule number one in my book is look after number one mate… BUT, If I commit to a time and place from one agency, I will stick to it. Last thing you should do is pee them off

Yeah my thoughts too.
I was just gutted that I had to turn down working for a local metal company for a day of handballing. Argggh. Haha. Oh well, I need to shed a few pounds (stones)

I’m registered with two. One is yet to contact me since I left them my CV 3 weeks ago and so is doing a very good impression of being ■■■■■■ useless.

The other one has kept me continuously in work so far (about to start 3rd week)

L4Y3R:
I had this situation today but stayed loyal to the 1st offer I had.

I wouldn’t feel comfortable doing anything else, but as you can see, I’ve not been put in that position and unless I register with some more agencies not convinced I will be…

It’s always tempting to jump ship when you’re offered better paying work than the job you’ve just agreed to do, but if you start messing people about or being unreliable your phone will soon stop ringing :wink:

Reputation and reliability is worth more than a quick buck when limping. You may hate agency’s but it’s symbiotic, and if you mess with them, you’re the one who loses long term. Pity you couldn’t get the other gig, I hope you told your other agency that you’ve turned down more attractive work due to your integrity? :wink:

tachograph:
It’s always tempting to jump ship when you’re offered better paying work than the job you’ve just agreed to do, but if you start messing people about or being unreliable your phone will soon stop ringing :wink:

I hear you on that one pal. I’m already finding out which agencies are coming up with the goods. And I will respect them for that.

Evil8Beezle:
I hope you told your other agency that you’ve turned down more attractive work due to your integrity? :wink:

I was too slow there. I will next time :smiley:

L4Y3R:

Evil8Beezle:
I hope you told your other agency that you’ve turned down more attractive work due to your integrity? :wink:

I was too slow there. I will next time :smiley:

Nah, you’ll squeeze it in when you give them some positive spin feedback on how you’re getting on… :wink: