How hazardous is water?

Nah this was definatly removing the water not delivering it.

Not heard anymore about it - think the agy were just told to get as many bods as possible.

Sockpuppet:
… Now apparently I was told “doesnt matter if its a rest day” so I may be correct in thinking that these are tacho exempt for some reason …

Could well be! Back when the BSE (mad cow) crises was on our company was hauling coal to farms for burning the carcases. We were officially given carte blanche to run non-stop, seven days. Which suited the “overtime chasers” - but me, I just wanted to go home! :cry:

Sir LANs-a-lot:

Sockpuppet:
… Now apparently I was told “doesnt matter if its a rest day” so I may be correct in thinking that these are tacho exempt for some reason …

Could well be! Back when the BSE (mad cow) crises was on our company was hauling coal to farms for burning the carcases. We were officially given carte blanche to run non-stop, seven days. Which suited the “overtime chasers” - but me, I just wanted to go home! :cry:

I heard similar about the foot and mouth crises. Substitute the tacho for a MAFF man and just run and run

(MAFF = Ministry for Agriculture Fisherys and Food. IIRC)

Semtex:

Sir LANs-a-lot:

Sockpuppet:

I heard similar about the foot and mouth crises. Substitute the tacho for a MAFF man and just run and run

Yes, that’s true. We did coal runs during that crises too. Again, all the usual rules went out of the window!

The last water crisis made a lot of people very rich. No drivers hours rules were enforced and no one really cared about the weights. Redbeck cafe in Howden had a new carpark built from the profits as the tankers had all about destroyed the old one.

That was a water shortage but now we are not so short.

We have drivers delivering water from Belgium through this weekend

Semtex:

now known as DEFRA

some people were still waiting to be paid for the F&M work at the end of last year :open_mouth:

Livestock hauliers were allowed a 24 hour weekly rest every week ( as so much time was being wasted with the extra washing out )

hauliers working for DEFRA had their own rules and rates :wink:

There are still people on Teesside living off the profits of the Yorkshire crisis. It was a tacho-free free-for all here.