Sewage tankers and update

Anyone got any experience on these?got a job interview tomorrow doing night shift

Oh and i got a second interview for the carrying dead pets job and i got offered a full time job driving a van for DPD so things might be on the up :slight_smile:

Adam

I worked for lanes for drains on the 18t tankers they have its just like driving a fuel tanker but then if you have no liquids experience just feel the motor and drive slower round the bends and allow more space for braking the liquid even with baffel plates in the tank push’s you forward. And if they tell you to dump half the water and travel to another site dump the water at the other site because i dont know about anyone else but i hate half loaded tankers they scare the ■■■ out of me. Its good fun loads of doing nothing but the smell is something to get used to. But i recieved full training and i had a passenger all the time. Hope that helps.

Yes mate, just one of the many dirty jobs i’ve done along the way. It’s very much a state of mind, smell ain’t great, but if yr good, you don’t come into contact with it. You soon learn wot not to do! Just make sure you get yr jabs.

ive been driving an artic doing this work for 3 years its an easy job, i used to be on petrol tankers before this, the good thing is your exempt from tacho regs depending on who you work for, im on domestic hours, im also on call out where you can exempt from tacho regs because its classed as being on an enviromental disaster. The job is really easy mostly full loads, a2b all the time if you can get used to the smell its bloody easy, any more info please get in touch.