How far do you run unit only for a loaded trailer?

I dont mean for the lads who pick up trailers like Trailer Express in birkenhead .

ive done

birkenhead to daventry
Holyhead to lichfield
birkenhead to fennylock

Not that i dont mind it i just wondered.

Not long back we had 4 units sent from Immingham to Stirling to collect trailers at the end of a contract and they needed clearing off the site.
We’re back in there again now.

When i was running outta Cairnryan been sent down to Liverpool or Fleetwood with a solo unit to pick up a trailer.

Ran from Bellshill down to Warrington before with a trailer and come back up solo.

Coffee’s done uk to spain :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Im sure some of the rock-n-roll chaps on here have said they have done some serious European distances bob tail to collect a trailer.

We once dropped 4 trailers in Siraccusa Scicily then bobtailed back! that was the last time i went the cenis!

With roadferry its usually go and tip and run home empty, if not home then at least a good 150/200miles each time if doing the tramping… Makes you wonder sometimes how it pays!

dropped a trailer,a type of quarry machine, down in the algarve and bounced unit only back to fleetwood.

i went to st louis border to borrow a euroliner cheapest trailer i ever had,

K.Adams:
I dont mean for the lads who pick up trailers like Trailer Express in birkenhead .

ive done

birkenhead to daventry
Holyhead to lichfield
birkenhead to fennylock

Not that i dont mind it i just wondered.

i know this was not loaded but this was fun

i was taken to maidstone to pick up a truck and then went to bristol to pick the trailer but the trailer was not there and had to go to reading for it as it was there got there and there took it to bristol early so went home and did it next day the boss said its all a days work

del

When we set up the Van den Bosch job in the UK, we were running bobtail to Holland to collect tanks for a couple of weeks,

one of the lads went out bobtail, his tank wasn’t ready so he ran back bobtail :stuck_out_tongue:

have run from truro to selby to pick up a bulker then back empty to load for billingham !!!

bullitt:
Im sure some of the rock-n-roll chaps on here have said they have done some serious European distances bob tail to collect a trailer.

Yea, I’ve gone solo to Barcelona and also the other way round for EST.

Bicester to truckhaven carnforth solo to bring back a hire trailer,when I got there the driver from dalgety bay didnt show so was told to run back solo :open_mouth: Got sent up the next night solo again but the trailer turned up that time :laughing: :laughing:

My last truck at the Reichstag in Berlin on the build-up for the 2006 FIFA World Cup, I ran back solo from there.

Ran from Leeds to Northampton bobtail to collect trailer for return to Leeds.

Got to 2 sites in Northampton,and there wasn’t any trailer,so returned to Leeds.All done on a Saturday at time and a half. :laughing:

Ken.

In the days before mobile phones my brother went solo from lincoln to dover got there no trailer, rings up solo back to lincoln, gets back to lincoln, told in morning solo to dover :open_mouth:

our yard in bellshill got extended a few year ago so we would have more space for standing trailers - i was sent down to warrington solo to pick up one of the extra trailers - but in general we never run solo anywhere - its basically just throwing away money when you do it

When I was running for Simon International in the late '70’s,three of us went out loaded for Rome in late December and were pipped by an hour to get tipped for Christmas.No messing,Jeff Litwin told us to bobtail home for Christmas in one unit,which we did in one hit with three of us driving in turn.
Bobtailed back out again after Chrimbo to tip and finish the job!

1000’s of miles when i was Trade Plating many years ago, but on a haulage job, Cairnryan to Fleetwood would be the furthest i think.