What's the furthest?

What’s the furthest you’ve ever been sent empty to get the next load? I once did a lift off at road and rail in Burton, then ran empty skell to felixstowe. Also ran with a curtain from minworth to hereford for a load for welham green.

thessalonika greece to ludwigshafen germany :smiley:

manchester to livingston on a friday afternoon to load crowd fencing on a saturday morning for swindon

I dropped an empty skip in rainham essex and was given a collection in ashford middlesex. Not mega miles for haulage but for a skip lorry that’s pretty far.

Dropped a trailer in Sirracusa (sicily) then bobtailed home to London & collected another one!

I once dropped a 45’ step-frame trl @ exhibition centre in Koln ( Colgne ) and bob-tailed back to Yeadon ( Leeds / Bradford ) to pick up my own trl.
Unfortunately i didn’t get the job of bob-tailing back to get it 10 days later :laughing: :laughing:

I used to run empty from Langley to Rome empty a lot to pick up tyres when I was working for Bridgestone …

portrush to bournmouth to pick up a machine.
laslea romania to poland.
laslea romania to austria. another time to germany.
prety far up in sweden to denmark.
brittany to boulogne.

Bobtail North Wales to Valencia (Spain) to pick up brand new fridges from SOR factory.
North Wales to Milan for groupage.

Lisborn to caen with a fridge

Toulon in France. I had delivered helicopter blades to a French airbase. Then got sent to Milan to Brembo brakes for a load for Banbury. Nice week that was. Had to do a 24 at Mont Blanc. :sunglasses:

Sheffield to Leipzig empty in an artic, Swap trucks and load with another driver and bring the rigid he had back…empty

something silly like 1400 miles empty. Was funny going through Calais when they wanted to look in the back, they did look at me funny when i said theyll like this one before i opened the doors

from Northampton to Bradford solo.come to bradford warehouse security said no loyd,no empty trailers,so i back to Northampton solo.

Bellshill to warrington empty get to warrington “our guys a way up with your load mate nothing for you” then back to bellshill empty again. So what’s that about 700 kms :laughing: :laughing:

Night trunk from Birmingham to aachen empty, 11 off then night trunk back to birmingham…empty!
Was express groupage network so the trailer still had to go or it breaks the chain.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

hmmm Glasgow back to Bridgend empty
Lisbon to Pamplona or Rennes to Bordeaux

merc0447:
Bellshill to warrington empty get to warrington “our guys a way up with your load mate nothing for you” then back to bellshill empty again. So what’s that about 700 kms :laughing: :laughing:

When we had the factory at Swansea, we would often do the “triangle” (leics/bristol/swansea/leics)-------------------EMPTY all the way :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t happen now given that we are more “efficient” :wink:

Hang on, just remembered, there is a “new” triangle that they have trialled, NRDC/SRDC/PRDC/NRDC.

driver came from NRDC empty, nothing at the SRDC so he went empty to PRDC don’t know if he collected anything from PRDC :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

inverness to salisbury when i use to run garden pots for a company in barnstaple, have know them to run direct form inverness to barnstaple empty, needless to say the company are no longer in business :unamused: :unamused: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Barcelona to venlo ours is not the reason why.

Finland to Switzerland, w&d combo.