Backloads from Glasgow area or the northwest to the midlands

Hi, not sure if anyone has any ideas but we are looking for backloads from the northwest to the east midlands. We have the work running up to the Glasgow area using curtain sided trailers but looking for something to come home with. Ideally for a start two loads a week but as things mature it is likely that will increase. Hoping to start this in January. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation
Tracey

Barron Wood Distribution Preston HQ .they have a depot in Glasgow and 1 in Newport :wink:

what kind of trailer have you got, curtainsiider or flat then you could try monarch transport, arr craib, jbt .

Stock transfer Russell tiles Lockerbie to burton £200, if your desperate enough.

Thanks for the info. Basically company I have been driving for is shutting its central warehouse at Cambridge at the end of the year and a friend has got everything in place for this apart from a backload. So there is getting to be a bit of urgency now. Even a load like the tiles which covers part of the route would be ok as the outward work is an 8am tip so chance to do a load on the way back and still get into our yard for a night at home.

Scotstrucker yes its a 3m high curtainsider

sayley-boy:
Barron Wood Distribution Preston HQ .they have a depot in Glasgow and 1 in Newport :wink:

99p Transport!!! :blush: :cry: :open_mouth:

better off coming back empty drop it back to 52 mph and cruise if you cant get the rate up don’t bother rates back to the north west alone are poor to say the least

You’ll only get money towards the diesel back from Scotland so make sure you are charging accordingly heading north!!!

£200 for Glasgow to Manchester or Liverpool for 28 tonne of bricks?. Would rather bring them back empty and do a local out of Manchester - pays more and uses less fuel.

The reason for looking at something from the northwest was that you can run to Glasgow and tip first thing in the morning then reload and hopefully get it off that afternoon so you can be reloaded and back to Scotland the following day. Obviously the further south you pick the load up the less hilly ground to cover so better for mpg. Not sure what there is around the Manchester area for backloads.

Hi there,

I’ve got a full curtainsider load of empty barrels (12 tonnes) to load in Glasgow next Wednesday for delivery to Canterbury Kent.

Andy suggestions the best people to speak to ref return loads? You can call me on 01227 732414

Bangin’ On & On:

sayley-boy:

99p Transport!!! :blush: :cry: :open_mouth:

lol not half

Jazzandy:
Hi there,

I’ve got a full curtainsider load of empty barrels (12 tonnes) to load in Glasgow next Wednesday for delivery to Canterbury Kent.

Andy suggestions the best people to speak to ref return loads? You can call me on 01227 732414

Could try Salvatori in Canterbury or Alan Firmin around there. Doubt either run cheap though but may make an exception for scotch.

Failing that just try Barron Wood as they have owner drivers running around for a squirt of ■■■■.

im registered with Barron Wood for returns only, but never done one yet lol, sooner run home empty than run for peanuts and line someone else’s pockets

The jobs still up for grabs if anyone wants it. Load on Wednesday in Glasgow and tip near Canterbury on Thursday. I normally pay £700.00p.

Jazzandy:
The jobs still up for grabs if anyone wants it. Load on Wednesday in Glasgow and tip near Canterbury on Thursday. I normally pay £700.00p.

Arr that’s about the going rate for a backload like that. I used to get £400 max weight to Brum when I was up a bit, that’s pretty gash but better than bouncing back empty.

You can also try George at Hayton Coulthard or Gary at CRS -Beau.

burnley-si:
im registered with Barron Wood for returns only, but never done one yet lol, sooner run home empty than run for peanuts and line someone else’s pockets

Amen.

Thanks for all your help guys. I told Barron’s to ‘Away and boil their heads’ once they told me they would not even accept the booking until I paid up front!

I was quite willing to pay on arrival of the trailer but that was not good enough.

Jazzandy:
Thanks for all your help guys. I told Barron’s to ‘Away and boil their heads’ once they told me they would not even accept the booking until I paid up front!

I was quite willing to pay on arrival of the trailer but that was not good enough.

I’d get the hump at that as well, we all have to take risks for our money. To be fair, they’ve probly been stung in the past so the ■■■■■ string man has probly told em to get the readies up front.