Backloads from Glasgow area or the northwest to the midlands

traceyts:
The reason for looking at something from the northwest was that you can run to Glasgow and tip first thing in the morning then reload and hopefully get it off that afternoon so you can be reloaded and back to Scotland the following day. Obviously the further south you pick the load up the less hilly ground to cover so better for mpg. Not sure what there is around the Manchester area for backloads.

Back in the 90’s I used to do the occasional Friday for a small haulier based in Kirkham. Used to leave about 05.30. 2 or 3 empty stillage/pallet drops and 2 or 3 reloads, usually 5 stops in total. These would be anywhere between Hamilton, Glasgow, ■■■■■■■■■■■ even Irvine on the odd occasion.
Usually used to be back for about 5pm, just occasionally I’d miss getting back & the boss would come up in the car & meet me at Penrith.

However, that was with 90’s traffic, truck did about 59mph and 3 x 15’s breaks sneaked in.

Point I’m trying to make is most days it should be possible to do 1 tip & 1 reload & get back to northwest. (though dependent on where in the NW & where in Glasgow).

johnmillerlimited.co.uk/contact-us/ have all the work out of the Saw Mill at Dalbeattie. Loads to all areas, sensible rates and good people to deal with