How do you guys do it?

well i had a bussmans holliday & went tramping on general haulage last week & have to say it’s not like i remember at all .

i’m shattered , how on earth do you keep up with all the unrealistic tip times you get & why do you tolerate being treated like a second class citizen in some of these RDC’s ? , have to say Fenny Lock TESCO at milton keynes & SAINSBURYs at Basingstoke are not good places to spend an hour & a half of your working day , at least fenny lock had toilets & a coffee machine , but soon as i opened the door the look of helplessness & despair from the drivers faces said it all , i just felt like slipping a bomb under the door to put them out of their misery . i even got into an argument over the sevices charging me £20 for the night at hopwood on the M42. £20 for 24 hours ? ok but i only want to be here for about 12 hours so thats £10 right ? nope got to pay the full £20 wtf ?.

having said all that most of it was new to me & i met some really nice drivers to help me out , even the bloke who wanted to push in front of the queue to ‘show me how its done’ :laughing: sorry mate i’m not that green :laughing: nice try though

well i hauled it from carton milkfrom crediton to northampton , pet food from desbrough to swindon, tiles from newton abbot to barking, paper reels from tilbury to plymouth & steel plate from halesowen to bodmin ,more tiles from newton abbot to kettering , got to hand it to you guy’s , you deserve a medal for what you’re asked to do & you do it day in day out !
me ?
nah i’m back on farm delivery , soon as possible when i can safely say to my TM ,it’ll get there when i get there & not have to worry about tip times or queue’s .

Have to agree with all you say. Having done RDC work myself. Looking forward to new challenge on Monday.

I know what you mean,i’ve been on farm collections for 5 years now but every other weekend for my 6th shift I work on our distribution side delivering into RDC’s and I couldnt go back to that full time,to much waiting around for me

I’ve done the tiles from Newton Abbott a few times in containers - 20’ = full weight, bloody pain in the rear trying to get your trailer stretched back out with that lot on…

Tramping on general is hard graft and difficult to keep within your hours which is why I don’t do it either.

I hate Tescos Fenny Lock, or even anywhere where you are treat like a child and held hostage even more than I hate Jo Brand.

There are some good ones. You just have to go with the flow - resistance is useless - Smile sweetly at them and insist that they make eye contact and be polite. It may be the grey hair, but I do find that I get better treatment than some others - even at places like Basingstoke.

Santa:
There are some good ones. You just have to go with the flow - resistance is useless - Smile sweetly at them and insist that they make eye contact and be polite. It may be the grey hair, but I do find that I get better treatment than some others - even at places like Basingstoke.

resistance is useless :confused: :confused: :confused:

Tell a Frenchman that! :laughing:

MolePower:
well i had a bussmans holliday & went tramping on general haulage last week & have to say it’s not like i remember at all .

i’m shattered , how on earth do you keep up with all the unrealistic tip times you get & why do you tolerate being treated like a second class citizen in some of these RDC’s ? , have to say Fenny Lock TESCO at milton keynes & SAINSBURYs at Basingstoke are not good places to spend an hour & a half of your working day , at least fenny lock had toilets & a coffee machine , but soon as i opened the door the look of helplessness & despair from the drivers faces said it all , i just felt like slipping a bomb under the door to put them out of their misery . i even got into an argument over the sevices charging me £20 for the night at hopwood on the M42. £20 for 24 hours ? ok but i only want to be here for about 12 hours so thats £10 right ? nope got to pay the full £20 wtf ?.

having said all that most of it was new to me & i met some really nice drivers to help me out , even the bloke who wanted to push in front of the queue to ‘show me how its done’ :laughing: sorry mate i’m not that green :laughing: nice try though

well i hauled it from carton milkfrom crediton to northampton , pet food from desbrough to swindon, tiles from newton abbot to barking, paper reels from tilbury to plymouth & steel plate from halesowen to bodmin ,more tiles from newton abbot to kettering , got to hand it to you guy’s , you deserve a medal for what you’re asked to do & you do it day in day out !
me ?
nah i’m back on farm delivery , soon as possible when i can safely say to my TM ,it’ll get there when i get there & not have to worry about tip times or queue’s .

What did you do on Tuesday ? :laughing:

MolePower:

me ?

What did you do on Tuesday ? :laughing:

Silver_Surfer:
Tramping on general is hard graft and difficult to keep within your hours which is why I don’t do it either.

try livestock transport out all week then :question: . you general drivers have it so easy . i do it when livestock transport gets quiet. general haulige for a week is like a holiday :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

i tend to just ignore the planners, ill let them know if i wont make it on time etc and if i get aye youll be fine ill just get on with it, then ignore them in the morning till im unloaded.

Yeah I think you’ve got it sussed gogzy. The guys who get all stressed out are those who seem to want to manage to do whatever impossible task the traffic desk has given them. The only thing you have control of in your entire working day is the start time.