How common is this?

was in sunjuice at llantrisit the other day and had to take my unit off the tanker while they unloaded as it would have been in the way, and no sooner had i done this than i was asked to move another tanker and swap it for another?

bit cheeky i thought

mucky:
was in sunjuice at llantrisit the other day and had to take my unit off the tanker while they unloaded as it would have been in the way, and no sooner had i done this than i was asked to move another tanker and swap it for another?

bit cheeky i thought

should have asked them for a fiver :laughing: :laughing:

lol yeah but bein new to my company just said the magic words “not insured to” it got me out of it without seemin too arsy so to speak,

mucky:
lol yeah but bein new to my company just said the magic words “not insured to” it got me out of it without seemin too arsy so to speak,

Very true though, what would they have said if you’d caused damage to or with it? I’d bet it wouldn’t be “Oh that’s OK driver, don’t worry about it!”

Sunjuice, in Llantrissant? I’d of just said, “sorry, what did you say? Nope can’t make it out, what? Speak slowly, still not clear…” and gone back to sit in cab :stuck_out_tongue: Really need to get myself a translator.

Really depends on who owns the “other” trailer(s)
if it belongs to someone other than your own firm then the insurance would be the issue. Personnely I`d have been tempted to either refuse or tell em “milk and 2 sugars in that coffee to go with that breakfast your buying me, while I shunt these round”

Isn’t there something about you only allowed to take instructions from your own boss, cpc or O licence holder ? Certainly not any other company. But as you were off the pubilc road I’d go with the insurance excuse too.

Me, I’d have helped out if they were polite about it, you never know they may remember your good deed & be a bit lenient when you arrive an hour late for your booking in the future. Before all the health & safety testicles :smiling_imp: people used to help each other, many a time I’ve had a fork lift driver help me with my sheets, it wasn’t part of their job description either but it made the job run smoother for everyone. As for insurance, are you really that much of a bad driver that you cant move a trailer off a bay without damaging it?

Yeah I suppose it is a bit cheeky.

But if you didn’t have any paperwork, or anything else to get on with at the time, and you took it carefully, checked and double checked you weren’t going to knock or hit anything, then I suppose moving a trailer wouldn’t have been a big hassle would it?

I’d probably have said ok, and asked if there’s any chance of a cuppa and a sandwich?

Last time I helped someone out like that I got a free mug of tea and a fried egg sandwich!

Alex

Scarab:
…and a friend egg sandwich!

That’s exotic! :laughing:

I have edited it so your ridicule means nothing! ha! :sunglasses: