Wee insurance question

Due to my 21 hours of waiting I was in the yard at saturday afternoon instead of friday evening and there was no one there. No one of my supervisors were responding my phone calls except one, who was on holidays. As my car was closed inside the yard, he told me to go home with the lorry.

Altough it’s not legal to park in the city, I found some place next to my home, when it shouldn’t be any problem for anyone, so it is parked there.

I wonder: am I insured to drive lorry to my home? And if that was an order made by my supervisor can I count this as my work if not? ( I was off course driving on tacho). And if yes, is that change something that he’s not on duty, but on some stag night?

your vehicle is insured at all times so going home in it shouldnt be a problem ,i know the traffic commissioners frown on taking trucks home as they should be parked at the operating centre but this appears to be a one off so your fine,thanks for your diaries they are brilliant keep em coming!!

Regularly use the unit for such movements but I always insert a new card,start n finish etc etc but i mark the card SOLO while on the back …to home, or restuarant or whatever even shopping…but I do own the unit.

Orys, it suited them for you too take the truck home, you should remember that.

Today the same problem (but they promised me key to the gate). It seems that I will have plenty of space for my today’s shopping in the boot :wink:

just think of the points on the bonus card when you fill up at morrison tescos etc :smiley: :smiley:

:slight_smile:

They keep giving me Esso driver rewards, even if it’s written that it shouldn’t be given to someone who is using fleet card :wink:

Orys how is the new job anyway ? I think Hebrides Haulage misses you.

I am plenty of time away of home, but I am not tired, as it’s only driving (or waiting) and it’s paid well…

I just comed from HIghlands, privately… That what I will miss for sure.

But, in my new job they have one site on Benbecula as well :wink: So maybe… ?