How come??

Today I over took a couple of trucks pulling the fare grounds you see in your local park, one was I would say the same length as that denby truck that has been deemed to long for our roads so how do they get away with it?

A police car also came past these trucks and nothing. There was no over sized load signs and no ■■■■■■ vehicle.

Showmans vehicles ffs.
Was it an ERF or a Foden ?

Showmans licence - different rules. The only vehicles you should see pulling 2 trailers in the UK

The Sarge:
Showmans licence - different rules. The only vehicles you should see pulling 2 trailers in the UK

along with tractors

stevie

The Sarge:

And blasting out blue smoke everywhere
And the only trucks that look good with chrome and spotlights on
:laughing:

That explains that then, but who the hell makes these rules and regs up what is the differnece between Denby’s and these show man trucks apart from the licence I mean.

And also who decided that a coach carrying 60 people should be limited to higher than what a truck carrying cargo on, I get that a fully freighted artic may take longer to stop but surely a 7.5t would stop over a shorter distance.

I dont know what everyone else thinks but I think that the speed limits for trucks and the driving hours are out dated, when you consider the amount of time we can lose in traffic and the amount of time you lose on a digi tacho I think they should be revised

I think you’ll find showman’s vehicles are limited to about 20 MPH when towing more than one trailer.
I have seen them with 3 trailers.

Edit: I found the link that explains the rules that allow showman’s vehicles to do things that ordinary vehicles aren’t allowed.

dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/vehicle … ailers.pdf

I think ■■■■■■ also pull what they like at whatever weight they like, tax free.

Muckaway:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Muckaway:

:slight_smile:

They dont need an operators licence either !

stevieboy308:
along with tractors

you mean one of those fastrac’s that do 57mph

trailer stacked to the hilt with bales and also haulin a tosco trailer :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve seen those tractors pulling two full twin axle slurry trailers with a bucket implement on the front, managed to keep in front of the traffic at a nice steady 50mph :wink:

Big Brummie Macca:
what is the differnece between Denby’s and these show man trucks apart from the licence I mean.

There’s a lot less of them than there are transport companies. You’ll find most exemptions concern fairly rare circumstances.

I saw 3 of these in Norwich once. 2 trailers for the circus set up and a living unit so three trailers in all. And there were three of them heading into the city. That would have been interesting to watch.

re drivers hours and speeds. Surely It would not be beyond some technical bod to come up with auo dis-engagement of the tacho at a set speed - say 15 mph. that would take out much of the wasted driving hours spent driving round RDCs or in yards manouvering, and slow speed traffic jams. On agricultural tractors, 4 wheel drive is automatically engaged and dis-engaged at speeds below 20kph. Anybody mechanically minded?

Yeah, but that would also mean that low speed in traffic would not be included on your driving hours too.

Can you see your boss wanting you to take a route through a city because your driving hours would not need to be counted :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thats true, I would end up clocking up about 3 hours driving time when I am on the CL run. When I was in London I reset the trip computer to see what average speed I would do as I was coming back out on the M4 my average speed was 18 kph.

This is what got me thinking about driving hours as everyday I was extremely tight on my hours, parking is a night mare when trying to take your break. I am on it on Monday again I hate the run but at the same time I like it because it is a challenge.