Fair ground trucks

Ive often wanted to ask this question but keep forgetting

How is it that fairground trucks can drive artics with caravans on the back?

People are currently looking at having twin trailor artics but surely these guys are doing it already?

Phil

I asked a friend of mine who is interested in fairground waggons the same question.

Apparently ‘showmen’ have some sort of exemption (from C&U regs I assume) and can therefore run these rather long ‘roadtrains’.

Tim

Jazzdrummers answer is correct.

Ken.

Havent they just been included in the new rtd laws or something i kn ow that travelling salesmen are now no longer exempt not sure about showmen though.

i would hate to have to reverse one

seems odd that they umm and arrr about road trains for transport yet they use them on fairgrounds with wagons that are older than coal itself

Wondered this myself, after seeing an ageing 8 wheeler lumbering along with 2 a-frames behind it.

I’d like to see them try reversing

The French fairground crowd are the best. They have the latest trucks with extra long semi trailers , with the two axle A-Frame & the obligatory caravan on the back & they go like the clappers.Was in the middle of the night on the autoroute coming home near Poitiers & this new French long nose Kenworth passed me @ an easy 80mph.He was hitched to a drop frame semi mobile home with a rolled up side awning. It was summer , I had the window open . Sounded like a jet plane taking off & left me for dead…All nickel & chrome & met paint job. Its the only time I ever wanted to join the cicus…

from my info ‘Showmans vehicles’ & ‘agricultural tractors used for less than 6 miles per week on public roads’ are the only vehicles (registered here at least) are the only multi-trailered vehicles allowed on british roads.

This is off the top of my head and i’ll check it out when i remember I do stand to be corrected here

but then how do you enforce traffic laws on pykeys, just give them an exemption and save thousands chasing up a non-existant person.

laws on pykeys

They are exempt from all British laws, unless someone does something to them. In which case all their human rights have been breached and it is th end of the world for them. Shame we can’t round them up on sight and just get rid of them for good before they bleed the country dry.

They are exempt from all British laws, unless someone does something to them. In which case all their human rights have been breached and it is th end of the world for them. Shame we can’t round them up on sight and just get rid of them for good before they bleed the country dry.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

When you start claiming goverment handouts dole and sickness no one can touch you, however work all your life need a couple of days of sick and they might consider your aplication two months down the line…

U sing the theory of six miles that must mean that they can only move there circus from one side of a town to the other?? :question:

I see that truckers still hate pykies…& with good reason after all the probs they cause the working man. Diesel begging/thieving from trucks, and on & on. Civilians see them as a suppressed minority…

i ran upto Irvine this week and one asked me £5 for soem of ur diesel? “Er no mate get bent tesco’s is just round the corner and believe it or not they have a petrol station get your fivers worth there”

Best thing is he was driving a brand new 55 plate transit pick up…

I was once woked up by noise around my truck on an industrial estate in cardiff to find them setting up there diesel stealing outfit. so out i jump and he the tramp loving smell bag says “just get back into your cab son” so i got my hunting knife (keep it just for these reasons) and told him “diesel for a gash down your face i think is a reasonable exchange” he didnt agree and legged it.

I was lucky coz they like a good scrap and to be honest i thought i was in for it, you know what its like you just dont think

think 6 miles refers only to tractors, been a couple of years since i read the legislation, might have got it arse about face Spacemonkey

and 'arry for ‘supressed minority’ I can’t help but read ‘thieving scumbags’

before this topic goes into a free for all on ■■■■■■ and gypsies can I just tell you that fairground people are called travelling showmen and are totally different to ■■■■■■ and I can say that I speak from experience here as I have relations that are travelling showmen

pam

a good point pam, my apologies to any professional showmen, it seems the lines are a little blurred

was just about to make the same point Pam, i have worked in a proffesional capacity (photography and film) with showman and have to say the stereotypical image is far from the truth for a start i havnt found one to tarmac my drive

I never intended to mix the two up, as I have found showmen to be resourceful individuals, if a little eccentric.

It’s just that the ■■■■■ situation makes my blood boil, and think that when the government banned fox hunting, they should have let the toffs hunt the ■■■■■■ instead.

It’s just that the ■■■■■ situation makes my blood boil, and think that when the government banned fox hunting, they should have let the toffs hunt the ■■■■■■ instead.

Couldn’t agree more !!! :smiling_imp:

I see that truckers still hate pykies…

Is there ‘anyone’ that doesnt hate ■■■■■■? :laughing: Even Romany Gypsies hate ■■■■■■, it’s a shame the latter are now the minority and are lumped together with the former though.

As they say throughout the film ■■■■■■…

…“I (zb) hate ■■■■■■!”

I wish to state my support for any law abiding travelling folk who are mistakenly lumped together with the crap that are ■■■■■■.

edited for language mm