how about you

last friday night or early sat morning , i sat and watched a driver ( who will remain nameless ) struggle badly trying to get a trailer onto an end bay and failing quite badly , and before anybody rants about sitting and watching the yard shunter was already helping him . he ended up telling him to drop it in the carpark and he’d sort it as he hit the trailer next to it 3 times and shoved it side ways :open_mouth: … 3 times ffs .

anyway it got me thinking , for some reason i find it much easier to get on a bay that has trailers parked either side even if they are tight , in other words there are trailers on the bay either side of the one i’m aiming for :open_mouth: i’m not sure why but if either side are empty i struggle to line up with the bay stops.

anybody else noticed this or is it just me ?

bowser:
last friday night or early sat morning , i sat and watched a driver ( who will remain nameless ) struggle badly trying to get a trailer onto an end bay and failing quite badly , and before anybody rants about sitting and watching the yard shunter was already helping him . he ended up telling him to drop it in the carpark and he’d sort it as he hit the trailer next to it 3 times and shoved it side ways :open_mouth: … 3 times ffs .

Being over a mere rigid lorry driver i cant say much, but how embrassing, really would not of liked to of been in his shoes.

bowser:

anyway it got me thinking , for some reason i find it much easier to get on a bay that has trailers parked either side even if they are tight , in other words there are trailers on the bay either side of the one i’m aiming for :open_mouth: i’m not sure why but if either side are empty i struggle to line up with the bay stops.

I always seem to end up on the bay next to the one I’m aiming for! if its vacant it dont half help. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dunno then?:

bowser:

I always seem to end up on the bay next to the one I’m aiming for! if its vacant it dont half help. :stuck_out_tongue:

its funny you should say that i’ve ended up in the next bay a few times lately :blush: strange .

that shunter wasnt much help was he,if he helped/watched him hit a trailer 3 times,sounds like he was more hinderance than help :unamused: :unamused:

Any landing you can walk away from… lol

ady1:
that shunter wasnt much help was he,if he helped/watched him hit a trailer 3 times,sounds like he was more hinderance than help :unamused: :unamused:

read the post you prick the driver hit the trailer and the shunter called him off . do i really need to spell it out to you ?

bowser:

I know how he feels done this myself but never hit a trailer cos I always get out and have a look even if it means getting out a dozen times.
When I’ve struggled getting on a bay and people can see I’ve only just passed my class1 loads of drivers come to help me if not I go and ask them.

In the days of BRS Parceline they had wide rubbing strips on the trailers so you just aimed and wedged it between two trailers. Saved an awful lot of time and space.

bowser:

1.you said you didnt help as the yard shunter was helping him :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:
2 then you said the shunter told him to drop it as hed hit the trailer 3 times .in car park
so your saying the shunter wasnt there when he hit the tri 3 times :arrived after hed hit tri,if he wasnt there to stop him/help him why didnt you jump out and stop him after you saw him hit it the first time.
i dont think your a ■■■■■■■■■■ etc,just your normal selfish person whod rather laugh as some others drivers misfortune than offer some assistance,between you and shunter it wasnt possible to stop him hitting a tri 3 times,says it all

bowser:

ady1:

read the post you prick the driver hit the trailer and the shunter called him off . do i really need to spell it out to you ?

OOO… GET YOU RAMBO! :laughing:

ady1:

bowser:

1.you said you didnt help as the yard shunter was helping him :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:
2 then you said the shunter told him to drop it as hed hit the trailer 3 times .in car park
so your saying the shunter wasnt there when he hit the tri 3 times :arrived after hed hit tri,if he wasnt there to stop him/help him why didnt you jump out and stop him after you saw him hit it the first time.
i dont think your a prick/[zb] etc,just your normal selfish person whod rather laugh as some others drivers misfortune than offer some assistance,between you and shunter it wasnt possible to stop him hitting a tri 3 times,says it all

Overreaction or what■■? Its a website,ie. not all true.

Dunno then?:

ady1:

bowser:

i dont think your a prick/[zb] etc,just your normal selfish person whod rather laugh as some others drivers misfortune than offer some assistance,between you and shunter it wasnt possible to stop him hitting a tri 3 times,says it all

so youre now saying its not true,it never happened :confused: i need more sleep

ady1:

bowser:

ok ady you win , although you dont seem to know what had gone on but you went into the rant i mentioned in the first post .
firstly i wasnt in the yard for the first two hits , i’d only just arrived , the shunter driver was in the building and was told by the loaders that the trailer had been hit .
you with me so far ady ? then before he got outside to see what had happened he hit it again , you following me ady ?
ok keep up . on trying to help him the said driver hit it again so the shunter called him off and i saw no point in me getting involved .
you still with me ady ? i doubt it but i’ll carry on anyway .
at that point the shunter put the trailer back where it should have been and asked me to put mine on the offending bay which i did .

anyway ady i asked a question in my post that you dont seem to have got as far as reading so would you like to try again ?

you do seem to rant ady dont you think ?

you ok ?

you sure ? good carry on …

ady1:

Dunno then?:

ady1:

bowser:

no ady he said you over reacted , do you ever read the full post or just go off on one ?

bowser:

ady1:

bowser:

ok ady you win , although you dont seem to know what had gone on but you went into the rant i mentioned in the first post .
firstly i wasnt in the yard for the first two hits , i’d only just arrived , the shunter driver was in the building and was told by the loaders that the trailer had been hit .
you with me so far ady ? then before he got outside to see what had happened he hit it again , you following me ady ?
ok keep up . on trying to help him the said driver hit it again so the shunter called him off and i saw no point in me getting involved .
you still with me ady ? i doubt it but i’ll carry on anyway .
at that point the shunter put the trailer back where it should have been and asked me to put mine on the offending bay which i did .

anyway ady i asked a question in my post that you dont seem to have got as far as reading so would you like to try again ?

you do seem to rant ady dont you think ?

you ok ?

you sure ? good carry on …

yes i have a short fuse,but in this case i dont think i ranted/shouted ,i just said i didnt think the shunter wasnt much help,more of a hinderance,now youve explained it better i think the loaders want shooting,hang on a moment,SHOOTING,thats better :laughing: :laughing:

ahh the old backtracking routine :unamused: you get worse ady worse i tell you … :unamused:

bowser:

ady1:

Dunno then?:

ady1:

bowser:

no ady he said you over reacted , do you ever read the full post or just go off on one ?

Oh Gawd !!! Take a deep breath,think for a bit,and relax… then think of relevant and lucid response. If you cant,dont exhale

bowser:

ady1:

Dunno then?:

ady1:

bowser:

i dont think i reacted at all,i wasnt the one who used FOUL and ABUSIVE words to a fellow trucknet member :stuck_out_tongue: ,i said i thought the shunter wasnt much help/a hinderance then you reacted by calling me a PRICK :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: [ :laughing: :laughing: ],i then thought i behaved in a very mature and restrained manner for someone under severe provocation.
anyway time for a quick cider,goodnight :wink:

night night :open_mouth: