House extension?

i am at the crossroads wereas i need more space to live, i carnt afford to move so was thinking of extending my 2 bedroom house.
possibly two storey has anyone got a rule of thumb price or has been through it? extending will save me a fortune to get the house i want.

Sorry I have wandered into diynot.com. :laughing:

I just about manage to decorate my house with my money so I am in the wrong job to be adding stories to it. :laughing:

The average is about £1000 per square metre, this is internal floor space.
Get a polish guy in, he will do the lot for a few hundred quid :laughing: :laughing:

If it is a loft conversion it could be anything between £12k and 30k depending on how your joists are, where the stairs can go and what size the loft is.
There is also planning permission that needs to be addressed, and of course you need to find a decent builder to do the job. overall it can put up the value of your house, but only in some cases. a 4 or 5 bedroom house is only resalable if it has a big enough garden etc etc.

bubsy06:
The average is about £1000 per square metre, this is internal floor space.
Get a polish guy in, he will do the lot for a few hundred quid :laughing: :laughing:

No need to go Polish there are plenty of English cowboys around, :wink:

25 - 30k will get you a 2 storey 8m x 3m extension. unless your handy with the hammer and nails… :wink:

The fire regulations make loft extensions less worthwhile nowadays.You might be better to build outwards rather than upwards.I think that you need a builders forum. :bulb:

Sell it
Retire
Move to Asia :smiley:

oatcake1967:
Sell it
Retire
Move to Asia :smiley:

i wish if i sold it i might afford a week a bogna, :laughing:

Bognas good at the moment, got back about an hour ago, bloody hot. :slight_smile:

1st stop is Building Control at your council. They are quite user friendly and should put you on the right road regarding what is permitted in your area.

my lad was just quoted 30k for a 2 storey ext on his 2 bed house.

If u want it done properly give me a shout im a builder where are u about

xamtex:

We built 3 bed houses for less than that a few years back. :slight_smile:

altitude:

xamtex:

i would flatten my house and start again but its ex council end terrace so dont really want to go down that route next door is still council,
:wink:

dustylfc:

altitude:

xamtex:

i would flatten my house and start again but its ex council end terrace so dont really want to go down that route next door is still council,
:wink:

Yeah know what your saying mate, end of terrace makes it a bit better to do, but still full of problems you need some mates in the game to do it for you, a builder will be looking for big money. I have three sons in the game building on spec, but you are to far away. best of luck with it.

I am is bilder…i am isbekistan, my sister is ■■■■■ in big family way, my muvva is big noosance and i want sent money ome…me dadda is kounsil operator…him kleen street wiv big machine…i am in england to bild new homes, and eggstensions…i can do it for yoo, for very good price…maybe 4 sheeps and a kamel…i kant work on a fersday…i have to collekt benefit check…i dont werk weekend cos it is ■■■■■■■ and wotch football…sunday i play with local netball team…very good assets…and i get to wash nickers for small price…help me send money ome…ring me if you want me work for yoo…
Fone : uzbek 3841220
ask for me

Think £25k and youll still need to keep counting,
The regs have changed mega over the past few years so best bet would be to see Building control at the council, they are generally a decent bunch who will tell you whats required to spec.

truckyboy:
I am is bilder…i am isbekistan, my sister is ■■■■■ in big family way, my muvva is big noosance and i want sent money ome…me dadda is kounsil operator…him kleen street wiv big machine…i am in england to bild new homes, and eggstensions…i can do it for yoo, for very good price…maybe 4 sheeps and a kamel…i kant work on a fersday…i have to collekt benefit check…i dont werk weekend cos it is ■■■■■■■ and wotch football…sunday i play with local netball team…very good assets…and i get to wash nickers for small price…help me send money ome…ring me if you want me work for yoo…
Fone : uzbek 3841220
ask for me

Brilliant… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: