Holiday entitlement

If I remember correctly,the rules regarding holiday entitlement,changed in August 2004,under a new EEC ruling,whereby your employer gave you them up front,instead of the old system of accruing.(sp?)

Are the amount of days you get,set in stone, (Plus bank holidays.) or are the number of days you get,depending on your employer?

Or if anyone can steer me in the right direction as to where I can get that info,then please feel free.

Ken.

I havnet got the foggiest on the legal side but i can tell you that i started a new job on 3/1/06 and the holiday year runs from Feb to Jan and we accrue 2.5 hols a month so im having 2 days off…

As far as I understand you are entitled to 4 weeks holiday per year, Banks Holidays Included.
This Link might help.
http://www.dti.gov.uk/er/work_time_regs/wtr7.htm

I think it depend’s on the company that your working for.We get 25 stat’s and all the bank holiday’s.A total of 33 day’s.Because the company give’s them to you upfront please remember if you take x amount of holiday’s, then you decide to leave the company you will have the money deducted from you wage packet for the holiday’s taken. :wink:

you wont get any now quinny your on nova.

It’s not for me Alex,it’s for someone else.

Ken.

The leave entitlement under the regulations is not additional to bank holidays. There is no statutory right to take bank holidays off.

From the above link, your 20 days can include bank holidays if the company choses to do so.

And 4 weeks holiday entitlement doesn’t mean 20 days holiday. if you only work a 4 day week, you are only entitled to 16 days holiday.

And if you are paid hourly, and your hours vary every week, your holiday pay has to be an average of the previous 12 weeks pay. Can’t get my employer to do that though, average weekly topline £710, weeks holiday £250. If I don’t like it, I know where the door is. I wonder why we can’t attract or retain good drivers

20 days paid hols, inc bank hols, some companys inc the bank hols giving 4 weeks, some give you 4 weeks + bank hols, some nice good companys give you even more than 4 weeks paid hols and bank hols aswell still looking for that one tho lol, :wink: , thats the eeeeerh law so i am lead to belive 4 weeks inc bank hols… 20 days,

im sure ive read this as well about holidays, the eu are saying that all workers who work for the same firm are equal. ie, there shouldnt be extra holiday entitlement for length of service. id just like to know how it’ll work though, is everyones entitlement going to be the same as the worker with 15 years service & 30 days holiday or will they take his holidays off him to bring him in line with the man who’s just started with the minimum of 20 days? im also sure theres a directive thats about to start that stops employers including bank hols in your entitlement. after all, in my opinion, your holidays are there to take when YOU want, not when the government want.

There is no directive about to start that stops employers including Bank Holidays. An employer has no legal obligation to pay you for bank holidays off so you can take your 20 days whenever you want and still have bank holidays off but unpaid.

Regarding the equality. Length of service extensions are Ok as long as new workers are offered the same terms, i.e if you get an extra day every 5 years service, they are offered an extra day every 5 years service.

Holidays are PRO RATA and calculated as such. If you only work 4 days a week, you’re only entitled to 16 days. If you work part time, say 5 mornings a week, you are only entitled to the equivalent holiday pay as 20 mornings a year.

Conor:
…so you can take your 20 days whenever you want …

quote]

Most employers allow you to or let you request a slot but they are entitled to tell you when to take your holidays are believe it or not.