Holiday entitlement

Being a bit hacked off with many years of tramping, rather than jack it I have asked to cut down my hours to spend a bit more time at home.
At present I am on Mon to Fri on a 50 hours + overtime basis, I am looking to going on Tues to Fri, and running back in Sat am finishing around lunchtime, so I will get a 2 and a half day weekend ( noon Sat to am Tues) as opposed to a 1and a half to 2.
My co say they are willing to play along as this will benefit them for end of week distance work. ( It is UK only so not tied to minimum weekend rest periods etc)
I have been told my 28 day annual holiday entitlement may/will be reduced ( a fifth was mentioned) I kind of thought this may be the case, but can anybody verify or refute it, and if correct by how many days. Thanks
Being an ex employer I should maybe know the rules, but things have changed since the 80s :blush: :unamused:

Over 37hrs = full time employment, so therefore entitled to 28 days per year inc. bank hols.

What they might mean is the actual pay for those holidays might be affected, since your holiday pay is normally either based on your contracted hours (if you get enhanced rate over those hours) or based on an average earning over last 6 / 12 weeks before your hols…

Im sure you are entiteled to 5.6 (inc bank hols) weeks per anum of your working week as your working week is 4.5 days you are entitled to 5.6 weeks of 4.5 days if that makes sense

Agree with the above. Its actually 5.6 weeks pro-rata you’re entitled to so if you are contracted to work 5 days you’re entitled to 5.6 x 5 days, if you work 2 days you’re entitled to 5.6x 2 days etc.

chester1:
Im sure you are entiteled to 5.6 (inc bank hols) weeks per anum of your working week as your working week is 4.5 days you are entitled to 5.6 weeks of 4.5 days if that makes sense

It does and doesn’t mate but thanks. :smiley:
What does that equate to in terms of days per year.( I know the answer but just testing you :wink: …no really! :smiley: )

Conor:
Agree with the above. Its actually 5.6 weeks pro-rata you’re entitled to so if you are contracted to work 5 days you’re entitled to 5.6 x 5 days, if you work 2 days you’re entitled to 5.6x 2 days etc.

OK, Thanks.

I think it’s 1.6 days per month, 21 days + bank hols on the top. I don’t know how it works if you are sick over a bank holiday period , ive been told that you don’t get paid for both ! , so how would this work out ?.

Is the Saturday paid as overtime or is it going to be part of your standard pay?

Do you get paid hourly or salary and would you just get number of hours worked on Saturday or a full days pay?

Maybe this will help??

nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content … al-workers

waynedl:
Is the Saturday paid as overtime or is it going to be part of your standard pay?

Do you get paid hourly or salary and would you just get number of hours worked on Saturday or a full days pay?

Maybe this will help??

nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content … al-workers

Just negotiating to see how it goes, it will be changed from 50 + overtime to 40 + overtime, (being that I will be doing a day less) so Sat will work out as overtime as I expect to do more than 10 hours per day Tues to Fri.
On hourly so hours worked on the sat paid.
Will check out the website, Thanks.

Hi this link may be of some use to you.

gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights

Think there is a calculator in there where you enter your details eg hours/ days worked.

Just to make it harder
Does anyone know what the entitlement for 4 on 4 off is?

tonyb70:
Just to make it harder
Does anyone know what the entitlement for 4 on 4 off is?

Yep, that’s an example in the link I posted above :grimacing:

You will poss lose some of the day being the bank holiday mondays as you wont be working them in any case so you wont be entitled to that day holiday if that makes sense

You will still get christmas day & good friday

animal:
You will poss lose some of the day being the bank holiday mondays as you wont be working them in any case so you wont be entitled to that day holiday if that makes sense

Not quite… The entitlement is actually 28 days (pro rata) - most companies make it 20 days + banks, but it’s the same thing.
Lots of jobs / shift workers etc don’t work or are scheduled to work bank hols, but are still entitled to the same number of holidays per year

waynedl:

animal:

Not quite… The entitlement is actually 28 days (pro rata) - most companies make it 20 days + banks, but it’s the same thing.
Lots of jobs / shift workers etc don’t work or are scheduled to work bank hols, but are still entitled to the same number of holidays per year

surely it should be 28 days + bank holidays? if it’s 20 + bank holidays then you’re getting done by 8 days?

daffyd:
surely it should be 28 days + bank holidays? if it’s 20 + bank holidays then you’re getting done by 8 days?

:confused:
28 days including BHs is the statutory minimum…

Olog Hai:

daffyd:

:confused:
28 days including BHs is the statutory minimum…

I agree, companies don’t have to give paid leave on bank holidays and public holidays, therefore unless a company gives extra holiday leave the 5.6 weeks holiday entitlement includes bank and public holidays.

As mobile workers you’re entitled to 5.6 weeks a year, 28 days holiday! Unfortunately 20 plus 8 bank holidays! ANOTHER WORKER TERM AND CONDITIONS ERODED BY UNSCRUPULOUS EMPLOYERS WHO WANT YOU TO EARN NOTHING! It was supposed to be 28 days plus you’re eight bank holidays but YELLOWBELLIES fight for nothing! Please remember as a MOBILE WORKER, hammer max hours for twelve weeks, and watch them squeal when they’ve got to pay you YOUR average whilst you’re off! Pleased to be of assistance squire! :grimacing:

is the ‘paid you average overtime’ when on holiday thing one of these things that companies can get around or is it law?