Hino

Saw a few Hino tipper trucks when out and about today.
Think they’re Chinese,anyone got any info. on reliability and cost compared to equivalent Scanny/Volvo?

Japanese

part of the Toyota group and much cheaper than Volvo/Scania :wink:

I wondered the same a while back. Details here

Basically heavy but near indestructible which is why most are tippers or plant and nearly always 8 leggers.

Ive bought a brand new one, it was due to be delivered tomorrow but a delay in paint shop means next week now (i hope)

I originally went for a Scania but ended up going for a Hino.
I cant really say much about running costs, apart from what i was told myself.
I have been given positive feedback from OD’s and larger oporators / drivers.
so im hopefull.
Only time will tell.

You after one?

Tipper-driver01:
Ive bought a brand new one, it was due to be delivered tomorrow but a delay in paint shop means next week now (i hope)

I originally went for a Scania but ended up going for a Hino.
I cant really say much about running costs, apart from what i was told myself.
I have been given positive feedback from OD’s and larger oporators / drivers.
so im hopefull.
Only time will tell.

You after one?

Did you cancel the order for the 80 grand Scania p380 from Kel-Berg then :question: :confused:
Was I anywhere close to my previous advice to you a couple of months ago about saving approx 20 grand and go for a 700 series Hino :question:
Who is supplying your body and what type of sheeting system did you go for :question:

Yes, i cancled the order, as i wasnt fully happy.

Just over 70 grand its come to, thats with afew extras. :blush:
its left me with bit more money in my pocket at the end of the month!

Its fitted with a dawbarn and PPG have fitted the body.
Like i said it was due for arrival tomorrow so im gutted I have to wait another week so im trusting them that it will arrive next week.

I had to wait about 2 weeks untill they shipped a chassis over,
even though they had to do that and even if it is late by 1 week they will still have beaten scanias delivery time and they had a chassis ready :confused:

Even thought its been held up, im very happy with the service i am recieving from Hino as they phone and email me daily to let me know progress.

im just itching to get back driving as sitting around at home is driving me mad lol

Can’t fault the Dawbarn sheet as I’ve one on my trailer,Is the PPG body insulated :question:
I will be interested to find out your tare weight and how you find using the “slapover” box, hopefully there will be an auto available soon.
Its a pity they still aren’t able to offer a rubber suspension option as this would put the cat among the pigeons ref who’s got the best built lightest truck for payload work :exclamation: :wink:

Round here their are a number of Hinos appearing mainly in 8 wheel tipper form - several are in Hanson new white colour scheme and their is a very smart 8 wheel Hanson livered mixer about.

Mine is going in the new hanson colours, but i quite liked the old colours

We got 2 Hinos in our Hanson quarry rouse bodies and electic easy sheet and alloy wheels,tares 11.4 tonnes not bad eh? Had a quote on a scania 420 i reckon with all the extras i.e. air con, night heater, retarder and alloys shes £75k needless to say we aint buying, the body with weigher and sheet must be getting towards £20k on top of that. You coundnt take something of that value into some of the places we have to squeeze.

I opted for the alloys, apart from they look better :unamused: lol also thought i might be saving abit of weight.
I could have had a hydrolic tailgate but at £1,500 i thought it was a waste of money apart from that and the alloy fuel tank I went for all the extras.
even with extras the Hinos still come in alot cheaper than the Scania.
afew other extras like Air con ect, come as standard on the Hino,

Do the Hinos at your quarry have the automatic lubrication system?
I went for that but wondering if i needed of bothered now :confused:

These Hinos are Hansons own so they have been speced up by idiots and so they have not put autolube on, they have grease points every where and no one to use the grease gun between 6 weeklys. My last Foden was 4 years old when i sold her and being that the new generation Alphas had very few ■■■■■■■ i didnt have autolube, well the hinge bar was worn and the rear ‘s’ cams and she hardly missed a weekly grease.You definitly did the right thing there. I think the Hinos are a bit like a P cab Scania the wont suit tall drivers and some of the cab fittings look tinny but they seem very stable tipping on an angle and the engine brake is better than a Jake on a C12 Cat.Time will tell of course but we have had these 2 in our quarry for 6 weeks and the only probs have been the 1 arrived with the wipers inop and the Volvo dealer thats meant to service them has been over a week getting mirror glasses perhaps thats because the Volvo technicians couldnt get the laptop plugged in to tell them which glasses had cracked eh

pursy:
These Hinos are Hansons own so they have been speced up by idiots and so they have not put autolube on

Sounds about right, :unamused: lol

Just out of interest is it a deal between Hino and Hansons to supply the trucks coz at one time all the Hansons with Scania the Daf and before that Foden.

Im not sure how it works when Hanson take on trucks themselves

But I can aproach any manafacturer as im buying myself.
Hanson have a deal with all of them (apart from Scania which wont do a deal) to supply wagons for a lower price for their frenchisee hauliers.

That what you mean?

Yep that was what I was trying to get at - or are you tight to the current manufactor who has a deal with Hansons.

You have answered your choice but a set deal is struck between Hansons and whomever for supply a certain spec truck?

The Biker:
Yep that was what I was trying to get at - or are you tight to the current manufactor who has a deal with Hansons.

Others have deals with Hanson at the same time, so I could have gone for any even scania (which i did at first) and they wont make a deal with Hanson. :confused:

The Biker:
You have answered your choice but a set deal is struck between Hansons and whomever for supply a certain spec truck?

Yeah, we can add to that spec though which is good.

Big Truck:
Can’t fault the Dawbarn sheet

Just found out this morning that the truck has finished in paint shop but now been sent back to have its sheet sorted out as it was not working correctly…

starting to get really anoyed with this now and loosing money each day im without it. I get the feeling they are passing the book all the time! :angry:

:unamused:

Tipper-driver01:

Big Truck:
Can’t fault the Dawbarn sheet

Just found out this morning that the truck has finished in paint shop but now been sent back to have its sheet sorted out as it was not working correctly…

starting to get really anoyed with this now and loosing money each day im without it. I get the feeling they are passing the book all the time! :angry:

:unamused:

Welcome to the brave new world of being an O/D :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing:

Your Dawbarn sheet electric by any chance :question:
Mines manual only,don’t fancy the electric ones at all especially on an artic trailer,if its giving bother new just imagine what its going to be like 3/4 years down the line :exclamation: :exclamation: :imp: