Hino

Big Truck:
Welcome to the brave new world of being an O/D :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing:

Tell me about it lol, but i didnt come into this with my eyes closed thought.
as i knew quite abit about it before hand with my dads wagon :slight_smile:

Big Truck:
Your Dawbarn sheet electric by any chance :question:

Yep, I think maybe manual might have been better but unfortunatly I couldnt change that part of the spec…I’ll see how it performs anyway.

FINALLY…got it sorted after 15 / 20 phone calls this afternoon!!!

First of all i had lost track of which company actually had my truck as it was going backwards and forwards so much, so i had to phone around to find out where it was lol…but it had been sent back from paint shop for its sheet to be sorted then sent back to the body builders.

Apparently there was a slight problem with the sheeting system and the sheet colour was not the right shade (hanson spec) so they had to replace the sheet aswell.

I am traveling to collect it with the sales man tomorrow and then they PDI it.
Ill post some pictures up of it tomorrow afternoon :sunglasses:

I admit Its been really stressfull / had its ups and downs trying to sort it all out, but i have enjoyed it aswell.

Im sure the Hino will Perform to my expectations as everyone says they are a great workhorse and indestructable…so my expectations are running quite high at the moment, fingers crossed!!!

Cant wait to get back driving as i am crawling the walls at home,
hate being a house husband lol.

Tipper-driver01:
Yep, I think maybe manual might have been better but unfortunatly I couldnt change that part of the spec…I’ll see how it performs anyway.

Can you still buy those sheeting systems with a manual option? I know a lot of the franchise boys in our quarries have had problems with the electric ones. It seems you have to be careful not to cook the motor (apparently easily done!).

Also, if the leccy motor dies, can you turn it into a manual after? I’ve never properly looked at one, so maybe that is a ridiculous question. :unamused:

Tipper-driver01:
I’ll post some pictures up of it tomorrow afternoon :sunglasses:

Look forward to seeing them.

Had the third Hino arrive yesterday in our quarry the 2 previous are euro 3 and this ones euro 4 and she dont seem to go as well, i dont like an engine eating its own sh-t, its not right eh.Got the fourth Hino coming in about a week so i will keep the forum posted on how that performs. This new one is also 240kgs heavier, still no autolube on it either.Rouse have said the electric sheet needs grease once a week Hanson have said if the drivers go in the body its goodnight sweetheart, looks like a seizure waiting to happen. :confused:

Who is it that deliveres the Hinos to the quarry, do you know?

Hanson, its typical…its these big bosses that dont seem to know what they are doing at times…
:laughing:

hammer:
Can you still buy those sheeting systems with a manual option?

Yes i believe so…

hammer:
Also, if the leccy motor dies, can you turn it into a manual after? I’ve never properly looked at one, so maybe that is a ridiculous question

Thats something im not so sure about, I would have thought so as a precaution…ill know tomorrow anyway :laughing:

Tipper-driver01:
Who is it that deliveres the Hinos to the quarry, do you know?

Would i be right in saying its Acorn truck sales, I think thats what it says on the mudflaps anyway.

:slight_smile: