Hino trucks......

… they seem to have a new model out, spotted one the other day at Charlton bodies in Dover.

Dont look too bad on the outside, for what thats worth.
I remember someone mentioning them in a post the other day.

Sorry for the poor pic it was raining and couldnt be bothered to get wet taking the pic :laughing:

Like you say Dennis does not look too bad at first clance, proof is still in the driving, etc. Been running Volvo’s lately it’s going to take a very good truck to get me off them now.

I have Hinophobia :open_mouth: :confused: :confused:
Phil

We run two of the old models and its safe to say they are complete crap,the best part about them is the interior its like sitting in a car,but mechanically there rubbush.
We’ve got a 51 plate thats on its 4th gearbox and a Y reg thats on its 3rd and its now a case of pick a gear any gear, the brakes arnt worth having,might aswell stick your feet out and do a Fred Flintstone,they have both suffered bad electrical problems,having said that another plus point I will give them is they have got a fairly heavy backend on them so for our type of work they are ideal going in and out of tips all day.
I think one of the main reasons some operators run a fleet of them is purly down to fact you can go and buy them really cheap brand new and theres no waiting list so you can go ooop north on a train with a suitcase full of money and drive home in a brand new Hino

I mean i saw pick of the early ones and they even looked bad.

These atleast look ok, most of the time with these things they tend to buy older generation kit from other firms, like the engines etc.

They can’t be any worse than those TGA-LE things we have.

Another cheap one thats over hear now is BMC anyone had experience with those?
bmcukltd.com/prod_truck.html
A turkish firm formed from a management buyout of Leyland Turkey years ago. ■■■■■■■ powered

Another cheap one thats over hear now is BMC anyone had experience with those?

A few years ago,I worked for a company that bought a rigid,and had a curtainside body put on it.When it was presented to the yard,everyone refused to drive it,and it was sold very soon afterwards. :laughing:

The switchgear and layout inside,was very late 70’s/early 80’s Leyland,and I remember it being crap then,so to have it resurrected in the late 90’s,wasn’t going to work really was it?

The only good thing about them,was the ■■■■■■■ engine in them,which if I remember correctly,may have been a B series,which again,was old technology,but at least it was something half decent about the truck.

If you hated someone with a passion,and wanted,as a boss to get rid of them,then make them drive one of these.

Ken.

I know they made some really awful looking things in the 90’s based on a 70’s Leyland (Terrier i think)

These current ones on their website look pretty good, they’ve obviously spent some time on the cab design.