HIGH, low bridge warnings

Went under a bridge yesterday in my truck that had a warning before it and on the bridge saying bridge height is 18’9 :exclamation: :exclamation: Have never seen a bridge warning with such a high, low bridge warning. As i thought only bridges that are below a set height have to have warnings :question:

Has anybody seen a higher low bridge sign :question: what height to tripple…sorry i mean double deckers run at :question: :question: :confused: :smiley: :smiley:

pecjam23:
Went under a bridge yesterday in my truck that had a warning before it and on the bridge saying bridge height is 18’9 :exclamation: :exclamation: Have never seen a bridge warning with such a high, low bridge warning. As i thought only bridges that are below a set height have to have warnings :question:

Has anybody seen a higher low bridge sign :question: what height to tripple…sorry i mean double deckers run at :question: :question: :confused: :smiley: :smiley:

Got me curious as to why as well…

The signature for pecjam23:
A stupid man’s report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.

Have you been reading my posts again :question: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

I have never seen a bridge height indicator set that high as the law states that any bridge under 16’ 6" should have a low bridge sign stating what height of the bridge is.

We run double deckers with heights between 15’ 9" and 16’ depending on fifth wheel height.

Some high load routes still have bridges on them, I suspect this is on a High Load route that has an upper limit of 18’9’’

On the old A11 going north into Thetford if you turn off at the Sainsbury,s roundabout there used to be a warning sign for a 20ft bridge.
Dont know if its still there .

eric the judge:
On the old A11 going north into Thetford if you turn off at the Sainsbury,s roundabout there used to be a warning sign for a 20ft bridge.

yes it is, i was going to mention that one too :confused:

It may have something to do with the “Bet he got the sack post”.

eric the judge:

that’d be for the farmers with 7 high straw bales plus riders :wink: you only usually see markers above 16’ 6" inside docks and refineries etc - only one I know of on public roads is on the A50 near Blythe Bridge at 16’ 9" IIRC